USPS package tracking

Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

OH my!!! That is so odd. I hope you get in contact with someone with a brain who can actually help you. I sent a small package to Australia and my friend has yet to get it. The one i sent to England got there fine.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 PM

I feel so bad for you. With tracking numbers and such, you're supposed to be able to open a case, but it sounds like that's not happening.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 AM

Hello, I'm very very happy: even tracking says my parcel is in Spain it was delivered to the right address in the USA!!!! Do you understand this??? I don't.... I wonder what a tracking number helps if it says such stupid and wrong things????
My blocks for the swap are now in time at the right place and I'm looking forward to the blocks I will get!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1000scraps View Post
Hello, I'm very very happy: even tracking says my parcel is in Spain it was delivered to the right address in the USA!!!! Do you understand this??? I don't.... I wonder what a tracking number helps if it says such stupid and wrong things????
My blocks for the swap are now in time at the right place and I'm looking forward to the blocks I will get!!!
That is just weird, makes me wonder if I should bother paying for tracking. I am glad your blocks got to the correct place. Did your Christmas package ever arrive?
Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by ragquilter View Post
That is just weird, makes me wonder if I should bother paying for tracking. I am glad your blocks got to the correct place. Did your Christmas package ever arrive?
Yes, I'm very glad too!!! But I must say, that my Christmas package was not found till now..... Perhaps it's really gone to Spain because there exists a town called "San Mateo" too!!! But I think it's lost and I hope I'll get some money back....
But now I'm very skeptical about the tracking numbers and if it's worth to pay money for them!!!
Have a nice Sunday!!!! Over here it's very cold: 12F!!!! And some places are even colder....
Old 02-17-2014, 06:01 AM

No good news till now: my package seems to be lost.... And I found many articles in the internet about the Richmond Sort Facility: it is suspected that there exists "A black hole" where packages disappear.... Is there anyone out there working at this sort facility??? And can tell me whats going wrong there???
I found this article:
http://richmondstandard.com/2014/02/...ting-facility/

Still hoping.....
Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 PM

Try to contact the USPS spokesman Augustine Ruiz Jr. that was quoted in the article. Ask him to provide you information on the status of the package. Even if he passes you on to someone, it's further than you've gotten to date.

There should be an official tracking process, have you initiated that?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Try to contact the USPS spokesman Augustine Ruiz Jr. that was quoted in the article. Ask him to provide you information on the status of the package. Even if he passes you on to someone, it's further than you've gotten to date.

There should be an official tracking process, have you initiated that?
That's a good idea!! And yes, we made official requests from both sides: I made two from germany, my daughter tried it from SF!! All we heard: " we will search and we will call back"!!! But I think I'll send a letter to Mr. Ruiz, looking what will happen then...
Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Make sure you provide copies of the requests you made. Any sort of documentation you have.

I find it hard to believe that there are this many problems and they don't ave a proper procedure in place.
With Canada Post, I can create a service ticket right on their website, and someone will contact me back within a few days.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM

So, here comes the last update: it's not found, I'll get a little bit compensation money, half the worth of the things I sent!!!
We tried everything, wrote several letters, even to the Customers Care, the only thing my daughter got is an excuse:

"Reports of mail loss greatly concern us. Regrettably, when such instances are brought to our attention, there is no sure way of determining what may have happened. With the large volume of mail moving through our network each day, it is literally impossible to trace a single piece of regular First-Class Mail. Only Registered Mail, which is accounted for during its entire journey, can be accurately traced. "

Till now I can't understand that such a big package is dissolved into air and vanished.....
But now it's over, we are now looking forward when our children and grandchildren will come visiting us in summer!!! Thanks to you all for listening to my sorrows and for your advices!!!
Greetings to all of you from Regina