2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 PM

I will take this challenge. I just moved last June into a new home and as I was organizing I counted the number of kits I have and they totaled 30. If I am allowed to by the backing fabric, which the rules state are acceptable, I should be able to get through at lease a couple of the projects I have.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
....I just realised...clothes = fabric....am I subconciously cheating?
Only if you take the clothes home, deconstruct them and add them to your stash!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:04 PM

Ok, i plead the fifth, the sixth, extenuating and exhorbitant , extraordinary circumstances! Plus I was drugged! Seriously, y'all, i went to an all day affair with Ricky Tim's ( oooo, that sounds so naughty!) and there was no way in this lifetime, or the next three, that I was gonna leave his hand dyed fabric just sitting there! I bought a bundle of five fat q's for the price of one yard normally. It is so beautiful, and for now it is going into my collection of " too special to use" fabrics, which is a subsidiary of my stash, but not really, since it is for having and not for sewing! I admire my self control ! How many Hail Mary s does that require?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

I made HSTs from one of my charm packs and some yellow solid. It's asymmetrical (which is hard for me) so I am challenging myself. Can't post it in the other areas as it is not DONE yet. But layout is set - now to sew the rows without getting confused.

Nancia, on February 6-8 I am attending the Ricky Tims seminar in Modesto. He will have his wares for sale there too. Odds are that I might as well capitulate early and accept the fact that "something" will jump in my bag to come home. Besides, I think it is rude to go to an event and not support the vendors. lol
Attached Thumbnails img_0839.jpg  
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 PM

OK, not to sound stupid, what does HSTs stand for?
Old 01-26-2014, 10:31 PM

I love your layout, it looks great.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 PM

I will soon find out how good my stash is. I am going to participate in the 2014 Mystery Quilt Train Ride. Will I be able to come up with all of the fabrics from my stash? Does dying your own fabric count against you? I have two bolts of white fabric waiting to be dyed along with a verity of dye colors. I bought the bolts of fabric when I was taking the dying class.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 AM

half square triangle no dumb question same as f4 is a fat quarter and qst is a quarter square triangle (you know the four triangles make one square)..

ok I am so good pat me on the back right now. I was going to buy some valentine fabric here on the board. it was so cute. like soo cute I needed it. But the truth was.. I don't need it I just liked it. Talked myself down from it with the fact Valentine's Day fabric will continue to be produced for years to come.. so its not like there wont be more to find at a later date when I have a project for it in mind. Phew.. saved this time. Barely. it was tough ladies very tough.

The quilt in progress.. post it in Pictures for everyone to see. No law here that you have to post only finished projects.. a work in progress is good also it is encouraging hearing all the nice oh that will be so pretty comments it inspires you to work on more and more! it is truly going to be pretty

Nancia you can put those fabrics right away to use.. make me something! love that fabric you know I could .. drape myself with it like a.. sarong and well be covered in such beautiful fabric no one would notice that I am not quiet up to the same level of gorgeousness.. hey a decoy! yeah make me a decoy! if you got fabric that is anything like what ws shown.. no way no how anyone would expect you to hold out on buying that. It talks to you when you walk by doesn't it.. Nancia.. come to me.. buy me.. buy more of me...
Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Elisabrat--who needs valentine fabric when you can make this cute wall hanging from red and white fabrics!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t239596.html
Old 01-27-2014, 06:28 PM

Default Tonight's Trip to Joanne's

I needed thread, so Joanne's beckoned. I only bought thread!! YIPPEE!! I did look at fabric, but didn't buy! Got out of there for under $2.00!