Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ... >

My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ...

My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ...

Old 03-22-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy happy View Post
it brought a pfaff creative vision in 2008 when i retired . There is a lot about the machine that i realy love. like the big hoops and the built in walking foot. BUT i have had lots of trouble with the machine, In fact i had 4 machine now that they replace all the creative vision. untill i change dealers and that dealer fix it for me . So im not sure if it was the dealer that was the trouble or if it was the machines. But i do like the machine.
Oh goodness! That would be discouraging. I may need to do more research into Pfaff; they were once a great company but it sounds like there are some issues. Thanks for the heads up. I hope your machine is finally fixed.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM

I once thought I was crazy and maybe needed to be committed but then I looked around and thought maybe I'm already there.

My DH is the best. We each do our own thing and support each other and have for 43 1/2 years now. I'm very grateful for our relationship.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
I DID bring up the bikes, and the video games ... and the FOUR consoles scattered around the house, three of which were purchased in the last few months. LOL But it's all in good fun. His attitude is, if we have the money and it's something you really want ... get it! We're very fortunate to be able to use my bonus money for the fun stuff. :-D
I like your hubby's thinking. Mine too doesn't care what I spend on quilting as long as we aren't scrimping on other things that are important. We are getting up in years and who knows how many quilting and motorcycling years we have left. We should enjoy the remaining ones.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 AM

I have the viking diamond deluxe and it has one of the largest hoops out there for domestic machine, the largest one will do have the design and then you turn it around and it does the other half. I love it and I rarely use a small hoop, I love haveing the larger hoops and not being limited to what I can do, so I totally understand. I got mine, it was called slightly used because it was used at Viking's convention but it came with all of the orginal warranties and including the top of the line luggage. By the way, it only had one minutes of use, obviously it was set up but not used but since it was out of the box, my dealer was able to buy it and sell it for a way cheaper price. I love my Vikings. I'm considering getting a Pfaff when I upgrade my machine that I take to class, mainly because of the built in walking foot, after I pay off my emb machine, which is interest free.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Oh goodness! That would be discouraging. I may need to do more research into Pfaff; they were once a great company but it sounds like there are some issues. Thanks for the heads up. I hope your machine is finally fixed.
It does sound like the dealer was only putting a bandage on the problem and not fixing it since when you changed dealers the problem was solved. It may not have been the fault of the machine.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:39 AM

I have also learned not to mention to my non-quilting friends when I buy a new machine and especially what I paid for it - they just don't understand either!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Oh yea. Their hobbies are expensive too! 2 boats, 2 motorcycles, old Suburban, old Westphalia, old van, yadda yadda yadda...tinker tinker tinker...bleh! I never feel guilty...i feel entitled! My machines take up kess space and never need repairs.

Sandy
Some of you quilters are so lucky. My husband has zero hobbies, doesn't understand the concept at all. Thinks all the quilting I spend time on is a bit strange or a waste of time and money. He does compliment a quilt I'm working on sometimes but he's definitely not an enabler. He does have other qualities however.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:39 AM
Power Poster

sounds like your having great fun!
I don't need to "go" to an institution, I'm in one: marriage
Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 AM

In my world, my family has one paycheck and supports 6 people and 4 dogs. So its a joint decision when we want something expensive.

My non-quilter friends don't understand why I would need another machine, let alone one that's over 100 years old and only does straight stitch. I have 5 treadle machines that do most of my quilt piecing. They sew well, aren't plastic and most of them are much older than I am. The machine in the photo is a 1917 White Rotary treadle, it sews very well and is pretty too.
Attached Thumbnails 1917-white-rotary-treadle-002.jpg  

Last edited by purplefiend; 03-24-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:42 AM

Back to your questions! i have had a Creative Sensation for 2 years. I LOVE quilting with it. I bought the 200 X 200 hoop (8in x 8in) and do most of my quilting with it. i also bought the Endless hoop and use it for border quilting. When you quilt, you don't need stabilizer - the quilt sandwich is adequate. I don't free motion quilt, because there are so many beautiful quilting patterns available. I'm partial to Anita Goodesign - especially the feathers.

I love it for piecing, too. The built-in walking foot, called IDF, is fabulous. No more puckers, and you can do fancy stitches with it. I have friends who have 2 expensive embroidery machines - one for embroidery and a Pfaff for the IDF.

Last edited by JoanneS; 03-27-2014 at 11:45 AM.