Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Couldn't (or wouldn't) pass it up, another one joins the herd. >

Couldn't (or wouldn't) pass it up, another one joins the herd.

Couldn't (or wouldn't) pass it up, another one joins the herd.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 AM

Default Couldn't (or wouldn't) pass it up, another one joins the herd.

Yes, I already have one branded Damascus, but it's not as old as this one, or as ornate, plus it's a rotary. This was on ShopGoodwill. I'm even glad to get the top of the cabinet. I don't have a treadle base for it, but it would be easy to drop on the irons I've had for years for a White.
And another one I "couldn't" let go by without a struggle, [ATTACH=CONFIG]482180[/ATTACH] It's a Household, and definitely different than anything else I have. Fortunately it is equipped with a shuttle and bobbin. Different BW, no hinge, just put in the bobbin and it drives the tire into the handwheel. Another oddity, is the stitch length is around back of the pillar. Now isn't that handy!? (Not) I just LOVE old machines. And pretty soon I won't be able to find a clear spot work!
Attached Thumbnails 2014-07-08-18.31.43.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 05:35 AM

both were very reasonably priced (a little over $20, plus shipping that wasn't too far)
Old 07-09-2014, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Fun machines! Love the details on the Damascus~
Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 AM

nice! every time I've browsed shopgoodwill stuff was already sky-high it seems! guess I should hang out more regularly but then I'd be tempted LOL!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Jim, The Damascus is lovely. The Household more plain but I had to run and check my photos of the hoard,-yes I have that same Household! I haven't taken the time to look it over so your comments are most interesting to me. I see yours has some nice detail on the bed. Mine is missing that but has a tiny bit of something left across the top.
Attached Thumbnails household-sm.jpg  
Old 07-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Christy, sorry my eyes were drawn to tasty snack in the background! Must be hungry.... I think there is still quite a bit of detail on mine to work with. Any info on needles or attachments?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
Christy, sorry my eyes were drawn to tasty snack in the background! Must be hungry.... I think there is still quite a bit of detail on mine to work with. Any info on needles or attachments?
LOL who would be? It's just a bagel with hummas. I honestly have no information on it. It's a machine that came in with the hoard and I have done nothing more than take a few photos. Mine came in with a treadle table so I will check the drawers today and see if there are any clues.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:44 AM

I missed the hoard story...how many? Other hidden treasures? I love hummus, but like SMs I over indulge!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 AM

Very nice. Great find.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Here's my Household. I also have a manual and some other documentation for it. And two sets of attachments that are different -but both missing the adapter foot

The other day I checked and the plates from the Domestic did not fit on the Household, the oval part did not quite line up right. I'm also pretty sure the feet were not interchangable, though I didn't verify that, so I my misremeber.

I've added a Damascus Grand Rotary to my "want" list. I need an older National Rotary for the collection, and that one is very pretty! Some of the other Nationals are rather plain in comparison.