White Rotary and Necchi

Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 AM

Default White Rotary and Necchi

I bought these two machines yesterday. The White was listed for $30 and the add said he would throw in a second machine. He told me it was a 1970's machine but never said the brand. I was surprised to see Necchi on it. I expected a Kenmore. I'm really excited about them but could use some help. Does anyone know what year these are?

Necchi:
It was made in Japan. 1970's?
It didn't come with any extra feet but it came with about 30 bobbins.
The machine works but I haven't tested it out yet.

White Rotary, serial number FR3281647
I love White and Domestic sewing machines.
The best I can tell this is from the 1920's. Does that seem correct?
The cabinet needs some work and the machine is FILTHY!
Does anyone know of a good resource for hinges? The Martha Washington cabinet needs new hinges for the left side that has to drop down to let the top open.

Also, I new cord has been put on the white from the cabinet to the wall. It's bright white. I'm wondering if there are new cords made to look like the older style.

Any help or advice on either machine would be very appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails necchi.jpg   white-rotary.jpg   white-rotary-accessories.jpg   accessories-necchi.jpg   white-rotary-acessories-what-they.jpg  

Old 07-12-2014, 09:54 AM

for your martha washington hinges CHECK THIS OUT . and for some of your sewing parts, like cords, you can check sew-classic.com
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 AM

If you're looking for cloth covered wire like on the White's light try Sundial Wire. They also sell vintage style plugs. You can also buy off Ebay.
Nice machines.
Rodney
Old 07-12-2014, 10:35 AM

Great find! The first machine that you said is a "Necchi" has the name "Allyn". Did "Necchi"give their machines another name? Just curious. I'm sorry that I can't help you. I have a Necchi that is almost sixty years old along with two other machines. Your Necchi is probably from the seventies because it looks more modern than mine. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:16 AM

Craftker,

My records show your White Rotary to be from 1927.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:23 AM

in my research of necchi.... if it was made in japan... it was made after 1971. that is the year necchi started production in japan. if you type in necchi allyn in your search, younwill see that allyn was the distributer co for necchi in the states.
good luck

Last edited by wilburness; 07-12-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:38 AM

The Necchi isn't really a Necchi in the usual sense. Generally, the ones made in Italy are the ones that people go cuckoo for.

That particular model is likely similar to any of the many other branded Japanese made zigzag machines, though most of them are pretty good machines.

"Allyn" was the name of the company that distributed Necchi machines in the US.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the information. I did more research today and figured out that Allyn was a distributor for Necchi. This machine has a sticker on the top that says it was distributed for Necchi.

Thanks for the links to the hinges for the White. I'm really excited about getting that cleaned up. Mizkaki, where did you find 1927 for the year of the White? I wasn't able to find anything specific when I searched. Thanks!

Kerri
Old 07-12-2014, 03:28 PM

Kerri,

Katie Farmer is the Guru for White manufactured machines. She dated several for me years ago and I kept the info. I have also kept the info that she has posted on other forums.

Originally Posted by craftker View Post
Thank you everyone! I appreciate the information. I did more research today and figured out that Allyn was a distributor for Necchi. This machine has a sticker on the top that says it was distributed for Necchi.

Thanks for the links to the hinges for the White. I'm really excited about getting that cleaned up. Mizkaki, where did you find 1927 for the year of the White? I wasn't able to find anything specific when I searched. Thanks!

Kerri
Old 07-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Banned

or you can call Husqvarna's 800 # They own White now and will cheerfully tell you the age of any serial numbered white machine (so far all have worked, and that included my White Model A - 1876 THAT was a fun call....)