Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 AM

Thanks Judy, just you had me down as CANDY and it's CANNY so did not think it was for me. The stripe won't read as a stripe so shouldn't be a problem. Off to cut and sew, am making another quilt using only HSTs so will spend the evening chain piecing. Thanks again Judy.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:16 AM

Default Fabric Selections, Need ordering help please!

Revised selection. Have plenty of all to go in any position. Please advise where you would put what. Personally, I'd rather use the least of the orange (C?) and yellow (B?) but you know the end result, so please advise

Also....if something looks totally off color-wise or style-wise, please say so NOW & I'm happy to go dig for something else.

I left a fresh fruit bowl in the fridge to help offset some of this yummy guilt laden stuff I've been munching on..... Please enjoy while we wait for the apple/peach/pear pie to finish baking!
Attached Thumbnails fabric7.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 10:40 AM

What would you suggest for A then.... I need something to make my half square triangles..... I do have a yard of E, so if you think that is enough I am ok... except for A fabric

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
First of all, I love all your blues.

When I said there is a bit of wiggle room in the yardage given, in most cases it was 3 to 5" extra. So, that said, you might have enough for the E for example, if you have only a yard, but if not, the dark dark would be a good choice for the sashing. I wouldn't use it in the quilt because I'm afraid it would be too stark with your light and medium blues. And as for your A, remember 16" of that 44" was for a border which could be a completely different fabric, meaning you would be using 7 fabrics - a different sashing and border from what is used in your quilt.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I think I'm going to try a Bonnie Hunteresque experiment and make a second quilt with scraps. I'll assign colors for A-E, use scraps of those colors, and see how it turns out! What do you think, Judy?
That sounds very interesting I would love to see that done too
Old 09-20-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
That sounds very interesting I would love to see that done too
I think I might do that also but I am going to wait till I get a couple of more clues to see how it is going.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
I have cut all my squares but have only one question. Does it matter which way we press the HST?
Maybe don't press for now. I have a picture in an upcoming week when you use these squares on the best way to press. Is that ok?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Judy, dotty posted on page one.
there is a bit of a contrast. so i'll goa ahead and use it.
I know come the next mystery, I'll fell more comfortable
and won't have as many problems.
thanks again.
Give me the posting number, not the page. All the computers are set different on display.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:21 AM

Angelia, somehow I missed your original posting, but scrappy sounds interesting!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
What would you suggest for A then.... I need something to make my half square triangles..... I do have a yard of E, so if you think that is enough I am ok... except for A fabric
Don't remember your fabrice and I'm lazy, i need a posting number to go aback and find your original picture if you'd like a suggestion. Sorry.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TheStylishHome View Post
Revised selection. Have plenty of all to go in any position. Please advise where you would put what. Personally, I'd rather use the least of the orange (C?) and yellow (B?) but you know the end result, so please advise

Also....if something looks totally off color-wise or style-wise, please say so NOW & I'm happy to go dig for something else.

I left a fresh fruit bowl in the fridge to help offset some of this yummy guilt laden stuff I've been munching on..... Please enjoy while we wait for the apple/peach/pear pie to finish baking!
Heading out to see if I can find a deeper Red-Orange. Still need idea on which one to use where? Judy?