2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 10-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Martina, I am totally impressed, both by your will power & the fact that you got your husband to go!
Not sure it was willpower as much as me being totally tired and overwhelmed by the end of the visit. As for my honey going - he is very much into my craft. For one thing, he is my color coordinator. When I get stuck he is the one to get me unstuck and he has the most interesting approach to picking fabrics. He also loves to go to quilt shows AND quilt stores. I KNOW - ain't I the lucky one?
Old 10-16-2015, 04:13 PM

Great job Martina and its lovely your DH is such a help. I fell off and oddly don't feel guilty I bought some fleece for some Christmas presents I did not have any so that wasn't a big deal. I found a few more FQ to add to my jar quilt stash and then I bought several yards of two great blenders that do go with my Autumn colors I have set aside for a quilt. So all those were for projects but then I bought some Christmas fabric just for the heck of it. I guess I don't feel bad as I did need most of it and the fact I have been good for so long. Sometimes you just have to say the heck with it lol
Old 10-17-2015, 05:24 AM

Hello, I'm on vacation this week. I stopped at one QS and didn't buy anything
Old 10-17-2015, 12:58 PM

Just reading this area on 2015 Fabric Moratorium & realize I had imposed this upon myself quite awhile ago. Have made a few wallhangings from my stash, two hospital bed quilts for veterans.... have a storage container with scraps, but I swear after making the 2 quilts for vets, it seemed I had as much or more in the bin!
Wilmajns
Old 10-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

WTG playswithcolor...

wilmajns...congratulations on your moratorium...and finished quilts to boot....
Old 10-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilmajns View Post
I swear after making the 2 quilts for vets, it seemed I had as much or more in the bin!
Wilmajns
I noticed that as well. DH said I should leave the lights on in the sewing room. He thinks the fabrics get into shenanigans when the lights are out. lol
Old 10-19-2015, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I just finished a quilt top made entirely from my stash! Step one on the stash reduction/fabric moratorium for this year Actually, I have two I can call completed today, but the second one was made last year as a block of the month, so I pulled the fabric from stash then and just finished the borders this week. So I won't count that into my 2015 achievements
This top has a scrappy white background, because I didn't have enough of any one white for the quilt. And scrappy reds. The black is the leftover the from the last quilt top I just finished.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505612[/ATTACH]
That is absolutely stunning!

I was doing great on stash busting the past couple of years (bought no fabric, made two double bed sized quilt tops, a banquet table sized table topper and 2 tuffets from the stash) but then last week I fell off the wagon when 25 really nice xmas fat quarters showed up on ebay at a price I couldn't resist---I really really really needed xmas fabric since i didn't have any :0
Old 10-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Hey rryder..welcome to the QB...congratulations on 2 years of savings and making quilts...welcome to our moratorium...it's getting close to Christmas and you will find a useful project with the new fabrics. I bet you can even find some stash fabric to coordinate with them
Old 10-19-2015, 04:01 PM

thanks for the welcome. Yes, the stash definitely has fabrics to coordinate. I have a question though... I've noticed since I've been concentrating on stash-busting I seem to have and increasing number of UFOs hanging around...you know, those quilts that have gotten quilted, but not yet bound, and those quilt tops that still need to be quilted....anyone else have this problem as a result of stash-busting???? LOL
Old 10-19-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
thanks for the welcome. Yes, the stash definitely has fabrics to coordinate. I have a question though... I've noticed since I've been concentrating on stash-busting I seem to have and increasing number of UFOs hanging around...you know, those quilts that have gotten quilted, but not yet bound, and those quilt tops that still need to be quilted....anyone else have this problem as a result of stash-busting???? LOL
Yes, I have one I am putting the binding on, two that are sandwiched waiting to be quilted and three more that need to be sandwiched. I'm hoping to have them done by the end of the year. Time will tell.