Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-15-2015, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I say dirty word dirty word

This reminds me of my Nanny (grandma)
She'd say wirty dird, wirty dird...
And rarely if something was really bad, a real wirty dird would cross her lips...lol.

Vitality,
Good one on mother of pearl, never heard that one!

Lynnie, your popsicle stick poo made me laugh..I think sometimes you can tell who raised boys...as for some reason my son and all his buddies found "gas and poo jokes" too funny.
As it was me, dh, and our ds for so long, me being the lone lady, I got kinda immune to their "flatulence fixation fun" (say that fast 3 times..lol) .
Now with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter it's more even...sometimes I have to remind my daughter-in-law, "Remember, I was the only gal with our 2 guys until you came along", as I think she sometimes can't believe some of the stuff our guys find funny that I laugh, too..

Of course we're careful around the grandkids...and it's never anything very bad. My daughter-in-law grew up with it being her mom, 2 sisters, and her.
I tell her usually there's just a difference in all girls vs all boys on some humor stuff...

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking, "Now how in the world did I get on the subject of flatulence on this quilting board??"

Kif
Old 03-15-2015, 04:44 AM

Kif you are so funny. I raised a boy also so I know what it's like.
My favorite saying is dadgummit!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 AM

My sister always said you miss out on stuff when you have only boys or only girls (she had both). Now, being the mother of girls, I see that I truly have (snicker). I've often told my husband that God knew what he was doing when He gave us daughters (although at the time I was talking about football injuries, since he is an ex-rugby player). LOL
Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 AM

I'm a grandma of two boys...oh my! But I did find valentine cards about farie farts and dog butts..so I'm the cool Grammy!!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 AM

After raising a passel of boys who always brought an army of friends over to hang out, we are also well acquainted with the Old Family Favorite game of "Farts are Funny!" (My girls can give as good as they get.)

We once had friends who referred to their (er....ahem....) flatulence as "fluffies". To which one of my teenagers astutely observed, "Our family doesn't DO fluffies." lol

True story: We once went to a new church. My youngest son was in the sunday school class for the first time and informed his SS teacher and class that his mom can fart like a guitar! (WHAT? I don't even know what that means! lol) I thought I would throttle him when his sister finked. What can I say. The kid was proud. That sunday school teacher never could look me in the eye.

Okay, lest anyone think I am raising a family of ill mannered piggies. They do outgrow it. I consider it one of my sacred duties to instill in my kids the notion that you at least wait until the SECOND date before you show this side of yourself to a possible significant other.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I'm a grandma of two boys...oh my! But I did find valentine cards about farie farts and dog butts..so I'm the cool Grammy!!
Awwwwwww-man. That is so awesome., YOU are the cool grammy! I salute you!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:24 AM

You guys crack me up. totally crack me up! I am bad and swear. sorry its true. I used to swear a lot less but teenboys and a partner who is 100 percent into man talk swears when he tells me stories and it rubbed off. My lil sister is renouned for not swearing. I hear "gee golly whacker" out of her when she is irked beyond control. I think... GEE GOLLY WACKER? really? lol. its all your environment I think. My boys got the good old soap. ok one of my boys. took him in the bathroom and washed his mouth out for swearing at oh 7 or so. He came out and looked at me and said the same word again. I grabbed him and took him the bathroom and he was begging don't do it! don't wash my mouth out I will never swear again! lesson learned .til he was 15. then it was this 6'3 boy daring me to drag him into the room. he has a foot on me and I was in a wheelchair. darn it! but they were pretty good otherwise. and never ever once swore at me . I told them you can drop a hammer on your foot and swear it hurts. but you can not look at someone and say you are a... because there in lies the difference. One is non personal and the other is. use them wisely. phew.

ok now we got that out of the way on the board here there are rules. No language at any time no how. You must be careful when you post or when you send emails. You can and will get kicked off the board for doing so remember its a fun place to be and they intend to keep it that way. there you have been warned. I try hard to remember this daily lol. it is me you know I hope you all remember to keep that second date rule in mind lol its way too funny. darn why didn't I think of that???

mug rugs anyone? love to see what you have going... hint hint. and Lynnie I think pictures are the only way to go when it comes to learning how to do things.I am truly a visual learner and its hard for me to read the words and get it. I am doing this block of the month that Kelly (themamahauser) has on facebook. she posts directions with lil pictures of each step. I love however the finished picture of the block because you can pretty much see how its done by the finished block. that is what helps me a ton!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 AM

looks like it is part crazy quilt like me....LOL
Old 03-15-2015, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

If I had a camera and if I couls figure out how topost pics, you all know I would. did anyone try to google it . dothat, i'm sure someone has done it. it seems the whole world has been on google or youtube doing something.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:10 AM

Ha ha ha! Boy howdy can quilting ladies come up with some interesting conversations!!! I raised one daughter amongst 4 boys...you can guess the rest, I'm sure. I need to see some more inspiration ladies!!! Pictures, pleeesee?????