Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!! >

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

Old 04-16-2015, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by marcias View Post
happylab said 'FYI: Janet Wickel from about quilting .com. Is starting a new Spring mystery quilt.'

I can't find it. I found the New Year's mystery quilt by her, but not a new one. Help, please. TYIA, Marcia
I found it there last night but not now. Don't know what to say.
I read through it and decided not to do it. The instructions for choosing fabrics had me confused right from the start. LOL
Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM

Poker Diva: Your runner really turned out nice. It says spring and summer to me. I could easily picture it on a table with a bouquet of flowers in the center.
I know the starting was there yesterday, I was going to go back and read it today. I am going to keep on checking and if it appears I'll let you all know.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:00 PM

Poker Diva, I really like your runner, it's pretty.

I also read the instructions for the mystery quilt by Janet Wickel and got confused. Seven different fabrics... Would've been clearer with pictures! Lotsa pictures, need pictures, lol. ....sure hate to pass up a mystery, tho.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:15 PM

Try Googling: Springtime Mystery Quilt Pattern. That's how I found it.

Connie
Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 PM

Here's the link http://quilting.about.com/od/Mystery...m#step-heading
There are 3 pages so keep reading and scrolling down until you see the arrow to take you to the next page.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
giggle .... I used 'so it would be like' because that is a southern California 'valley girl' expression from the 70's and I do not know if it is used across the country now ... I do know about the Southern expression 'bless her heart' which is really not a compliment. 'Down east' is an expression I have heard referring to Maine, when I visited Canada.
Yup, living in Maine for so many years, NH before that, I hear Downeast used as an expression in Maine too, I still haven't figured out exactly where "Downeast Maine" is. I think it is one of those things you are suppose to just know what it is referring to because you are from Maine, but no one seems to give you the exact physical location of it. And shoot....I use "so it would be like" a lot, so where does that put me besides old.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
Here is mine. Not a good pic. Crooked. Anyway, decided not to put another border on but instead do a scrappy binding.
Love the idea of a scappy binding. I'll have to try that.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
Happylab, thanks for the heads up on the mystery! I love mysteries! Hmmmm.

I love going to different areas and hearing the varying expressions. In Arkansas, I've heard "you 'uns" and "turn thanks". I just loved those.
What is a "turn thanks"? The other thing I get a kick out of and don't know if other states do this, I do it all the time without thinking is giving distance in time. When someone asks how far Portland is from me, I never think to say the miles, just the time it takes to get there. Oh about 1-1/2 to 2 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive. As I work for a trucking company and we do out of state deliveries everywhere, I find I even do that, not 500 miles to Camden, NJ but about 8 hours ride.

Last edited by AnngelAnne; 04-17-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
Poker Diva, I really like your runner, it's pretty.

I also read the instructions for the mystery quilt by Janet Wickel and got confused. Seven different fabrics... Would've been clearer with pictures! Lotsa pictures, need pictures, lol. ....sure hate to pass up a mystery, tho.
Maybe Janet Wickell should take a few lessons from Judy on how to start a mystery with explanations and pictures. I don't hear anyone get confused or discouraged from starting her mysteries, lol. Everyone does it different, we are spoiled I think.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:53 AM

AnngelAnne,

like trip to the beach from here is 20 minutes or possibly 2 hours (on the 405) depending on the time of day/night, not a clue about how many miles....