Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!! >

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

Old 04-17-2015, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
AnngelAnne,

like trip to the beach from here is 20 minutes or possibly 2 hours (on the 405) depending on the time of day/night, not a clue about how many miles....
Ah thank you once again Sunliten, we must have either come from the same area at one time, we seem to think or talk alike often...................or maybe we are from the same age group, that would explain a lot too, lol.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:34 AM
dd

I have a friend from Mt. Desert Island and she always thought "downeast" meant Mt. Desert.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 AM
dd

Finally got #10 flimsy finished. I'm thinking of binding in red to bring out the birds in the centers. Just can't decide how to quilt it. That's always my problem. How are others quilting theirs.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-10.jpg  
Old 04-17-2015, 05:50 AM

DD: Great controlled table runner. That would make a beautiful bed quilt.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:50 AM

Red would be really nice, dd , are the birds Cardinals? I think I see red birds.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:03 AM
dd

Yes they are cardinals. I figured a red binding would help them show up better. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
What is a "turn thanks"? The other thing I get a kick out of and don't know if other states do this, I do it all the time without thinking is giving distance in time. When someone asks how far Portland is from me, I never think to say the miles, just the time it takes to get there. Oh about 1-1/2 to 2 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive. As I work for a trucking company and we do out of state deliveries everywhere, I find I even do that, not 500 miles to Camden, NJ but about 8 hours ride.
"Turn thanks" was a blessing or prayer for food. Confused me first time I heard it.

Yes, I almost always go by hours and not miles. Even when I ask someone how far it is, I'm wanting to know time.

dd, love your runner!

Last edited by Bluebonnets; 04-17-2015 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Add on
Old 04-17-2015, 06:28 AM

Maybe Janet Wickell should take a few lessons from Judy on how to start a mystery with explanations and pictures. I don't hear anyone get confused or discouraged from starting her mysteries, lol. Everyone does it different, we are spoiled I think.
😄 I read it again and again, it's getting clearer now. The seven fabrics is a bit much to keep up with but I think if I'm sure to keep them clearly tagged I can keep it straight.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 AM

Maybe Janet Wickell should take a few lessons from Judy on how to start a mystery with explanations and pictures. I don't hear anyone get confused or discouraged from starting her mysteries, lol. Everyone does it different, we are spoiled I think.
One of the reasons we don't get confused is because Judy gives us feedback about our fabric choices. Judy is the best!
Old 04-17-2015, 07:09 AM

Angelann and PamH thank you for your compliments. I use pictures because I need them, too. Easier to see what I am trying to do. And the reason I try and help with feedback on fabric choices is because fabric is too expensive these days, and I would not want you to hate your project if you weren't happy with the way the colors fall.

dd I am probably going against everyone's opinions, but will state mine anyway I would use the green to bind your runner. It is so pretty that I wouldn't want to distract the eye from the centers, pulling attention to the binding instead. 99.9% of the time I use the same fabric on binding that matches the border. Didn't on my table runner because I ran out of border fabric. (Well, be honest, Judy ... I didn't measure right when I picked the fabric.)