I do have too many machines!

Old 05-17-2015, 07:05 AM

I'm slowly getting there - I've decided to move to cabinets out of the Machine Shed and put up one more shelf for machines. That one will hold me "White" machines, including the newer Japanese made ones I have. I've got three more "dashboard" machines I may bring out and put at the top of the other shelves. I won't need to haul them down for my research so that's a good place for them.

I've got a few "electric" machines in cases that I want to convert back to treadle, so they'll come out and I'll put a few of the "electric only" machines in the case.

I'm almost done arranging my fabric. I think I have it so all the non-dedicated yardage is under the quilt frame, and all the scraps are sorted and boxed in the upstairs closet. The dedicated fabric and WIP are under the cutting table, and the non-quilt and "family" quilt stuff is under the other table. I've also got one tub of finished quilt tops to get started on. I hope to be loading one up before next weekend - I'm ready to be stitching again.

We moved things around in the bedroom, and I've got four cabinets in there (had three before). I think one is empty so that will be a place to stick a machine. Got three treadles, one empty electric cabinet and two cased machines in the library, none in the kitchen or den (that may change, I can fit one in each room).

I'm still moving my Singers and using machines around in the house.