Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Oh my Linda, this can be a touchy subject. However, I think everyone has put forth real good points to ponder. Sometimes I can be very generous and sometimes I can't - no reflection on the swappie only on what I can personally do at the time. I think just stating the basic rules (as you always have done) should clear the slate - anything we receive as extras are just that and we shouldn't feel guilty that our package didn't contain anything more than what we could give from our heart.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

I wasout for delivery today, but no mug rug yet. Oh darn. I was excited to see it. this swap is fun and I love it.
some months I can't afford to send, so I feel I shouldn't others I can afford to send extras. don't want to ruffle feathers if I can't send a lot that month. oh...what to do??
Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM

I think the needed rules are clearly stated in the beginning and I don't feel we need restrictions on the extras or only specific items as extras. The suggestions are fine, just that. If you sign up to make a mug rug and you send to your partner on time, that's perfect. I, too, feel that you, Elizabrat, do not have to respond or act on each and every complaint that you receive, unless it really relates to someone not following the stated rules. You can't please everyone all the time! Join in, have fun or not. It's up to the individual.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
some months I can't afford to send, so I feel I shouldn't others I can afford to send extras.
I don't understand this sentence....
Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 PM

I agree with Dorothy. Just post pictures of the mug rugs. People don't need to know what extras were sent. That should be between partners. If there is going to be restrictions, then I won't be playing either.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 PM

We're women for goodness sake and are amazing, each and every one of us (no offense to any gents in our midst) and we need to stop comparing ourselves to each other and celebrate our own unique style and gifts. What I make and choose to give is in no way a negative reflection on what you make and give to your partner and neither is what amazing things you make and give a negative reflection on what I make and give. What a boring world it would be if we all dressed alike, drove the same kind of car, loved the same fabrics, etc. etc. Why are we trying to force each other and stunt our creative talents? This makes no sense to me.

Love you Linda...you are one of the most amazing women of us all! Your strength and courage are such an inspiration to me and I know probably everyone here! To this whole group I say...YAHOO US!!!!! May we continue to stay strong, celebrate our uniqueness and keep our creative spirits soaring!!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

some months I have money to send some good treats, other months, I don't have extra money and wonder if I should play or not. I don't want to disappoint someone if they don't get good stuff. I want to send a nice package to my partner and feel badly if I don't have it that month. So sometimes, I feel I shouldn't play b/c I can't afford to send a nice package, sometimes I can only afford to send the mugrug. that's what I meant. I hope I didn't upset anyone with that phrase.

Brat, you are so inspirational to all of us. All you go thru and yet everyday, you are here for us. I love all your posts, and your get up and go attitude. I love this swap and want to continue to send nice packages to everyone. Thanks for all you do for us. You're the best hostess there is.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I agree with Dorothy. Just post pictures of the mug rugs. People don't need to know what extras were sent. That should be between partners. If there is going to be restrictions, then I won't be playing either.
I like the idea of posting a picture just of the Mug Rug. Send PM to thank for extra stuff.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:06 AM

Simple solution:
-connect and reach an agreement with your partner regarding extras
-post photo/s only of the mug rug you receive
-play on and have fun

best,
deb
Old 06-10-2015, 04:23 AM

Would the same rules and guideline apply to other swaps, FQ swaps, needle case swaps, etc... no issues over there. Most all swaps are ran the same way... I think we should let this DRAMA go, this is not facebook, and not even be aired out on our site. Who ever has a issue like this must not have experience in any other swaps , or look at the other swaps... so put your big panties on and get your package together join , send , and woo over all packages , like we always have done. I belong to other forums on other web sites, no DRAMA allowed. I am out of this one , if this continues... By the way , this is the longest comment I have ever wrote on the QB.