Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm already tired of it! >

I'm already tired of it!

I'm already tired of it!

Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

It is lovely. You may react to the high contrast because you still have so much white background showing on the design wall.

When I have a project that gets on my nerves, I break it into steps and finish one step at a time. It is OK to work on something else in between. Before you know it, whole sets will be done. Hope you keep going as it will be a stunner.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and keep going. You may not like the effect now, but go ahead and finish. Put it away for a week or two, then bring it out again and realize you made those choices for a reason. Its beautiful
Old 06-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

I know you are tired with your quilt, but maybe if you put it away for a couple of days and pick up another, perhaps simpler quilt/block to work on. When I get to the stage where I can't stand working on a project, I put it away, do something else, then I'm ready to come back to it. Your quilt is going to be beautiful, I love how you have the left upper lighter corner, going down to the darker right hand corner. I love the multi colored print fabric. I might put the darker color for a 3" border, then a 5" border (or larger) of the multi colored print fabric, or just the darker color. It's going to be beautiful when finished.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:17 AM

Stunning quilt to be. So remember -- it's in the flat stage -- it will be fantastic when done. Take a break.
Annette
Old 06-26-2015, 11:45 AM

I think its pretty, if you don't like it you can always donate it to a good cause
Old 06-26-2015, 12:00 PM

If it's not looking right and not feeling right it would be hard to keep energized about continuing.
I too think it will be stunning when complete.
If it were me I would do a little at a time, quit before I got too irritated or I would leave it alone a week- month.
I would hate to see you donate it, just because it is going to be gorgeous!
Old 06-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

it's so pretty, please finish it for us to see.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:28 PM

As far as your thread choices... keep it white. That pattern expresses itself via the points and the play among the color subtleties of your background and focus fabrics. To quilt in any other color but white, it will ruin that effect. I would finish the top, put it away for awhile, bring it out and decide then a plan for quilting it. Lay it on a bed for awhile un-quilted and you will get your answer as the best way to finish it. Or make lap quilts out of it.

tim in san jose
Old 06-26-2015, 01:41 PM

I truly love this quilt. I love the way the colors fade into each other. I believe that it is quite striking. Don't despair. It truly is gorgeous.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have balled up a UFO before and threw it in a donation box and have never felt guilty about it. It sounds like it's time for you to do the same.
Please don't do THIS! Offer it to someone here who would like to have it. It's way too pretty to waste.

If it were mine, I'd just bite the bullet and get it done. It's lovely!