Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna 18 X 8 Long Arm - does anyone have one >

Husqvarna 18 X 8 Long Arm - does anyone have one

Husqvarna 18 X 8 Long Arm - does anyone have one

Old 12-07-2015, 09:03 AM

Question Husqvarna 18 X 8 Long Arm - does anyone have one

Does anyone have the Husqvarna 18 X 8 and use it? I bought one the two years after they first came out and have never used it.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I had one for about 5 years. It actually is a rebranded Tin Lizzie 18 LS. It came bundled with a Grace Inspira frame. There is a yahoo group dedicated to that machine and you can get info there too. The machine made a really nice stitch. I had no problems with tension. It took any kind of thread. I did have issues with keeping the stitch regulator going, so I learned to just stitch without it. Eventually, the plastic guides on the frame rails deteriorated so the handling was jerky. Replacement guides were available, but because of the way the frame is assembled, you have to take the whole thing apart. There is a dealer near me who handles both TLs and Handi Quilter, so I traded it in on a Handi Quilter Avante. The stitch regulator works and it's a sturdier frame.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:34 AM

Thanks! When I first set it up, it would not stitch right at all. I tried to adjust the tension but never could make it work. I had to take the frame all apart and move my sewing room because we remodeled the house. I have the frame set up, but not the machine. I was thinking about trading the machine in for something else. I have already lost money on it by not using it, so I figure if I can find something a little more user friendly, I'll be money ahead in the long run