Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-19-2016, 03:13 PM

Joe'sMom, Toot, Toot! Congratulations on your first UFO finish this year. The quilt is very pretty with such soft colors. I like the back you created as well. Nice job!
Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I finally have my first UFO finish of the year! I pieced this in May 2014, and put the backing together a year later. It was a free pattern from Clothworks.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:17 PM

Yay Joe'smom! Very nice.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 PM

Joe's Mom,
So very pretty. Love the soft colors.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 PM

Tonight's update for March is that we've had another 4 finishes by tkhooper, elly66, juanitabean and joe'smom. Toot, toot to you! Congratulations on your finishes and for keeping your eyes on the target and finishing your projects.

This brings us to 19 UFO finishes for the month. We're slowing down now as expected after the first flush of finishes for the new year, but a nice steady pace is very good. Let's all keep working on our UFOs.

I've been lax in working on my UFOs although I do have one at the LA I'm waiting less than patiently for. Should have it this week and then it'll need it's binding. It should be done by the end of the month. And I ran across a small wall hanging that I might possibly put under my needle as I'm clearly not going to work on my bigger projects right now. It's only 18" square. I should be able to quilt that quickly and bind it. As the engineer of this train, I ought to be working a bit harder to lead but just like most everyone here, I'm a procrastinator! Ooh, I said that aloud, didn't I?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Thanks, Rob. It crinkled up quite a bit, even though fabrics and batting were pre-washed.
Lisa - your quilt is quite lovely. The crinkled look suits this quilt, and your pieced back is terrific as well.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
It doesn't matter tkhooper, you're making progress. You'd be choking if you saw all my "to be quilted" in a stack. What can I say, I like the challenge of making my own design and sewing it....when I need it or even if I don't. When that happens, I'll get it quilted and done.
...not choking, rolling around in them in glee. Love love love fabric. I've found that if I choose/design the quilting when I choose the pattern then i am more likely to push through. But I'm still just a novice quilter.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
...not choking, rolling around in them in glee. Love love love fabric. I've found that if I choose/design the quilting when I choose the pattern then i am more likely to push through. But I'm still just a novice quilter.
I find I do this too. I try to "see" the quilting design as I'm piecing the quilt. The ones that speak to me are the ones I get done faster. The ones that don't sometimes get stalled.

Joe's mom that is such a lovely quilt. Just gorgeous. Love those colors.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:09 AM

Finished binding on 2 UFO's this week while I was on vacation in the mountains. A big-block quilt and a log cabin table runner.[ATTACH=CONFIG]545393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545394[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails big-block-quilt.jpg   log-cabin-table-runner.jpg  
Old 03-20-2016, 01:34 PM

Love the table runner. That fabric looks familiar, is it a flannel? I think at one point I had a flannel layer cake that had similar fabrics.

Rob
Old 03-20-2016, 05:24 PM

Thank you Rob. It isn't flannel, but was a kit I bought in Paducah years ago.

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Love the table runner. That fabric looks familiar, is it a flannel? I think at one point I had a flannel layer cake that had similar fabrics.

Rob