Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-02-2016, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
My first one is a small wall hanging I threw together one afternoon a year ago. It only needs a binding and it will be done. This weekend I WILL Finish it! How about you?
I have one that just needs the binding. Should be able to get that one done this weekend.

i stared organizing my UFO's this weekend. I have about 20 of them, some just needs to be bound, others I need to quilt, and there are the true UFO'Sthat I need to finish. This should keep me busy all year.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:01 AM

canny quilter can't wait to see it. Is it the lighted one? That's the one that I have.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 AM

Oh, I'm hopping aboard the train also. I have 26 UFO's to finish. And countless quilts I would like to start. I'm going to set my goal to finish at least half of these this year. Some will take a little more time, some a little less. So, I guess we will see what I can get finished.

My first UFO I'm working on is going to be my Giant Scrappy Swoon. I started it 6 months ago and it quickly took a back seat to other things and became a UFO. (Well after the Swoon Along here on the QB ended.) I want it on my bed for spring. So, I plan to finish it up this month. I only have 2 more steps to go. And then it needs some type of border. Or, maybe I will just figure out something to use the extra blocks I already cut. Might as well use up some extra fabric too.

Thank you Janice for taking on this thread!! I've done dismally bad in the past here. But, this year, I'm really going to try to contribute to the end total.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 AM

Allspots: I love your wall hanging. I have a pattern very similar in my cutting area and your colors would be great to use for it! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on finishing a project.

Pat Watkins: Congratulations on your finishes! It feels good, doesn't it? (Just a goofy side note: my 'growing-up' address was Watkins.)

Welcome to all of the new members on this ride. I look forward to seeing/reading about everyone's finishes.

Connie
Old 01-03-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by phranny View Post
....Also wondering, are we to list here the UFO's we wish to complete or just post as we finish. I think I will start small, I have three wall hangings to knock off the list.
I am going with the latter and just planning to post pictures of my finishes, which I still have a goal of being 3. I have many more UFO's than that, but I am just setting a small goal for myself. :-) Those who want to have a list here is fine with me, too and I admire them for 'fessing up'...in public. LOL! I like how everyone is jumping on board and welcoming Janice.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Well, I won't be the first. Soon as I signed up, seems like, I got word of 2 comfort quilts I need to make. One for a child and one for an adult friend of mine.
Right off the bat, the UFOs go back on the shelf till what's important is taken care of.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:09 PM

I feel warm and cozy at this moment knowing I am going to be in this challenge with you all.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM

I am going to jump on the train, to many UFO's to count. Will try to priortize the beginning of each month. January

1. Finish cutting out grey, yellow and white lap quilt, sew and quilt
2. Soft green baby quilt top, sandwich, quilt and mail
3 finish granddaughters lap quilt

just detest putting the 3 layers together.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:52 PM

A good day to make decisions ... Made my list of 12 quilts I would like to complete in 2016 .... Also finished quilting a set of 4 placemats ..but not counting them as UFO (they had not be around all that long lol) ....just counting quilts or wall hangings

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 01-03-2016, 01:00 PM

"just detest putting the 3 layers together."

terriamn....are you my quilting twin? Truer words never spoken! I love the design elements, the fabric selecting and building the quilt as I get the blocks made, but the actually sandwiching and quilting....not so much. That stage for me is frustrating and challenging, but I sure do like the final product, once quilted and bound, ready to use or hang up just so satisfying.