Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Over the past few days I deconstructed about 2 dozen denim jeans...even fixed 2 pair for MrOK....I found another pair to fix so will get them done, too. FarmerSon saw my denim piles and wanted to know if I could fix some jeans for him....I'll have DIL bring them done...I got all sizes of denim cut! This morning I started cutting strips from the legs any where from 2 to 8" in width...cut some 11" squares when I could...in my digging found some denim all ready to make mudroom rugs...got 2 made yesterday. I was tired of cutting so started sewing strips...mostly with the 8" widths...almost done with a 48x60 top done...size was determined by the heavy flannel backing piece I have...I won't use a batting in this one as the flannel, a royal blue and black Buffalo plaid will be sufficient..another one for donation. I hope to get one a month sent off...with all the denim cut up it won't take long to piece the tops..okay back to getting this top done.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

We just got back from sister-in-law's funeral. It was held in my dh's hometown and pretty much all the siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins came. It was such an emotional time, re-bonding with the family and also visiting the parents and grandparents already in the cemetary. We looked at old family photos and shared memories... my heart is so full.

This was a sad time but also a blessing of healing of relationships, and a reminder of how short and how fragile life is. Treat your loved ones well and never miss an opportunity to tell them you love them!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:38 PM

Sounds like you'all are staying busy and enjoying each day as a 'gift' with family and friends.

Good neighbor came by and picked up several more boxes. I have packed all except JeanieG's box which proved to be too heavy for me to lift, so I am splitting hers into two boxes before I ship them. Sh says we are not leaving the house this next week, so it may be the week after that I ship...we will see. I will notify all when I do ship. I have rechecked and verified addresses and have my fingers crossed that all is right this time.

The Peach pudding cake was a real hit with all yesterday; it came out of the oven as the good neighbor came in the door. Dh rated it on a scale of one to ten, as a fifteen. I did post it here and in the recipe section as well. I think we will have Pork Ribs and Steak Fries tomorrow. It is time to eat another piece of cake....you'all take care.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Good morning and I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day today. I love long weekends. I will just unwind from all the traveling and funeral stuff. It was like a family reunion and I'm talked out. Looking forward to a couple of quiet days where I don't have to talk to anyone and can just quilt. That recharges my battery.

Quilt group meets tomorrow night so I need to push to get a couple of my 'sandwiches' quilted today and tomorrow. That's the plan for me!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

SBG...I know the feeling...I call it finding my balance...

Woke up this morning dreaming of walking...walking and not getting where I wanted to be and not finding the people I was to meet up with...I think I was more tired than when I went to bed...it's trying to rain here..got a couple outside chores done..now I need to clean up my kitchen...I would rather be sewing....have a good one
Old 09-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Hi Everyone, Another beautiful day here in NJ.. Hermine wasn't the threat we were expecting..He went out to sea along NJ..
Nina, Your plates will be in the mail tomorrow and Givio your scraps will also be mailed tomorrow...Finally!

Jeanie, did you receive the plate I sent you ? It should have arrived while you were away..

I don't know what happened, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary but I can't stand up straight.. I have been soaking in a hot tub then stretching..it hurts right in the small of my back and downwards.. I'm supposed to work on Wednesday.. I hope it goes away by then.

I just found another baggie of 2.5" pieces..I swear they are multiplying! I do love that size tho....
Anyway, it's late and I've been busy even tho I'm humped over...Hpefully it will start to go away overnite.
I"m off to beddy bye, g'nite all. H.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

Honchey, if you can take Ibuprophen, do. It's a great anti-inflamatory. Your immobility is probably due to inflamation. It doesn't take much inflamation to really cripple you when it's in your spine. Hope you feel better soon.

NinaSue, I have more plates for you too, I'm just waiting to mail them with your payment for postage (when you tell me what that is...). Thanks for sharing your scraps with us. I hope you feel much freer for having done a big clean-out.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:49 PM

Yes Anne, I did receive the license plate. Thanks so much for sending! Glad Hermine was not what they estimated! I hope your back feels better soon.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

I'm taking ibuprofen for my knee...I usually take aspirin for my OA, but switched because of its better response...think I am going back to aspirin...ibuprofen causes me to dream crazy dreams...tired of waking up after them...we'll see how my knee is then....work today...hot and muggy..gotta dash
Old 09-06-2016, 06:20 AM

Honchey, I really do appreciate your perseverance and commitment when posting a thread each week for the Farmer's Wife 1930's sampler quilt project. A whole year! It really kept me going week after week, knowing you'd have the thread there and the others would be posting their pictures on it. I'm glad to have made 85+ blocks (might make the last ones yet...), enough for a quilt top with lots of memories of our group. I left a feedback for you, even though there is not a category for hosting, per se. Thank you!
Back pain is such a trial. Saying a prayer that you feel comfortable soon!