Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Wow, I am impressed with a man who can sew his own kilts! So you have some competition with the sewing machine. Bib overalls definitely wouldn't draw as much female attention.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:17 PM

OK, keep the tens on when you go to work..turn it on every once in awhile..Wear slacks or a long skirt..I am so happy that you got a tens unit..

I and 3 others were invited to a Tea at the hospital where we donate alot of items we make for the patients..It was lovely..in turn, they collect materials for the projects we make & donate..We now have fiber fill for the stuffed animals we make, yarn for the blankets, chemo caps and baby hats, & FABRIC, yes fabric !!! We now have 4 tomato boxes of fabric, 1/2 box of yarn, and 6 enormous bags of fiber fill... we filled the back of a SUV with all the stuff plus 4 bags of personal goodies..one for each of the ladies attending the tea..Good day all around. It's the hospital's way of thanking us for everything we make & donate...So nice.

SBG, How painful that must be..Get yourself a tens unit..Ask OK how it helps...
Old 09-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

As we speak...the TENS unit is coming off after a half hour session. It wasn't too sore tonight as I wore a knee brace all day, too. That helps, too, but you need one that supports, but doesn't cut off the circulation. I find that night time wear doesn't work for me. My knee was so sore on Sat...should've taken the TENS along with me..MrOK gets relief when his shoulder is aching as well...Honchey told me about it this summer, and it's worth every penny. Ours is made by IcyHot. Already looking at getting a refill pad as I don't want to be without when the pad no longer sticks; but will say it's been used several times already and still sticking and comes with a replacement battery.

Want to get something done today so had better dash...I cut and folded kits today and will be sewing a new one tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

What exactly is a tens unit? How does it work? Does it lessen inflamation?

I have no idea how I could have made my elbow so mad at me, but the pain really makes me wonder if something is bad wrong.

Trying to brush hair and teeth left handed is just not working!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

This is just info no endorsement

http://www.tensunits.com

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ddEqzvxSodnpAw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xmXPDPSaG6zQwQ

A small version can be purchased at discount stores...I found the Icy Hot brand first...there are others

Hope info helps, Bonnie...

Honchey...that's what I call a circle of giving...and so nice to be appreciated, isn't it?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info Gladie! So it is to help with chronic pain... Hopefully I won't have chronic pain once I get over the acute phase of this. I looked up my symptoms in WebMD and it seems I have repetitive motion syndrome. It was too many bicep exercises in water aerobics class. Really bore on my elbows... They say the treatment is lots of Ibuprophen and icing it several times a day. I'm already wearing a compression sleeve, which feels better but doesn't help my elbow to move any better. So I'll try the ice. Already been taking lots of Ibuprophen. It's such a great anti-inflamatory. I'm sure at my age a little arthritis plays into this as well. Rest is the best thing... no exercise.

Oh, the things we do to ourselves! When it interferes with our quilting, it's got to be BAD.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Here's a Civil War update:

From Barbara Bachman's book, blocks 5 and 6.

"Hovering Hawks"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558562[/ATTACH]

"Port and Starboard"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558563[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02814-small-.jpg   dsc02815-small-.jpg  
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM

SBG - those blocks look wonderful. Great color choices!

I am putting my rows together on my FWS 30's quilt.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:22 PM
Power Poster

SBG your quilt is so pretty. Lots of work. You got some really pretty fabric there. Have lots of fun. Oh your doggie is a beauty. Give him or her a big hug for me.

QNS you sew girl. House work is never ending, so your sewing should be never ending too. lol....
Wow he makes his own kilts. I am impressed too. I am glad you have lots of your rooms the way you want, or on their way there. I so so slowly am trying to do the same with lots of stuff. Wish me luck.

JanRN it sounds like you have been busy having some fun. Keep it up!

Oksewglad, I am glad you had a nice time with family.

SBG you may have inflammation and pulled a tendon from a lot of use. Hope it gets better soon.

This Saturday we are going to my son and daughter in laws ceremony to repeat their wedding vows. Her theme is Sunflowers to be on all the tables, and will be outside. They have done a bunch of things (decorations, etc.) themselves to keep it not so expensive. I ask them what they would do if it rains, but they have a big white tent type covering for everyone to sit under rain or sunshine. He has a good friend that does photography and will take pictures. My son is going to smoke a bunch of meat and she is fixing things, but won't let any of us help. She said it's all a surprise that they want to do for family and friends to enjoy on their day. The invitations they sent out said No Gifts. I thought all that was sweet. I will probably though being the mother and mother in law have a few things made for that day using Sunflower Fabric. I still will be making them a queen size quilt, but they won't need it till a few months later than expected.

I will let you all know how it goes Saturday.

Hey everyone- Where can I buy me some little starter herbs this time of year? I want to start some in my window so bad.

Hugs to all!

Last edited by JuneBillie; 09-19-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:12 AM

OK, run the pad sticky side towards a stream of water from the faucet.. let it sit sticky side up until the other side is dry..
you should also swab the skin area with some alcohol to remove any dry skin cells & oils before applying the pad..This helps to prolong the stickiness of the pad. I like the units that have the rechargeable lithium battery..The 9volt batteries that most of them use can be expensive...

I found a small quilt top in the fabric given to us and have taken the big blocks apart.. the seams were so narrow that some only had thread no fabric..I guess it was a beginner..The last row of squares around had all the ponts cut off... so I'll be replacing them with a sashng up to the row before them so I won't lose the size of the block..there are large triangles that go around it.. I've been remiss with photos lately. I will get on with it today I Promise.

Last edited by Honchey; 09-20-2016 at 07:19 AM.