Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Love the little rope 'rugs'!

And just look at all those pretty precuts waiting to become something.

Very nice looking Bernie serger.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:13 PM

Honchey, very neat storage and neat serger. May you and Mr. Honchey have safe travels home to NJ.

Every thing came together this morning, and Mr. QNS has his appointment a 2:45 pm and mine is at 9:45 am, so it wil all get done tomorrow on one trip. I know we had some help from the Man above and I thank Him.

Pat and I sewed in the QR. I showed her the latest from Fons and Porter video I watched yesterday and told her she had home work tomorrow to show me on Friday. She also sewed a whole 'star' of the S & W and will do more of them tomorrow. She may 'house sit' tomorrow and do some here. We also canned sweet potatoes, put 14 quarts gto go into her pressure cooker and mine. The remainder we put into an plastic tub for her to use up immediately. She will shut up the checkins and ducks, if necessary.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:15 PM

Oh, Honchey, nice rope projects! I imagine they are coasters? Or do you use them for a hot plate, or hot pad in the kitchen? That looks like it should be on my to-do list.

QNS, Prayers that all goes well on your trip... 14 quarts! From one tractor tire? How are sweet potatoes? From seeds? Or from little tubers, like when you buy potato or onion sets?

Last edited by givio; 10-19-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

So great you got your appts., QNS. Hope all is well and taken care of tomorrow.

Canning is such a great feeling of accomplishment.

I've been out all day... classes at the gym this morning and then had lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in TOO long. After she left I decided to pick up some little things to pack shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. I love to do that every year. While I was shopping in the toy aisle I heard a sweet little voice singing "Jingle Bells"... all the words! It was a little boy shopping with his mom and sisters and brothers, full of the Christmas Spirit no doubt from all the decorations and toys out in the store. I 'caught' it from him and started singing Jingle Bells too! Highlight of my day.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 PM

I hope all went well with your appts Ninasue. So nice to have a friend that has "helping hands"

Sewiz, I love precuts and have lots more than what is shown in the cubby...

At work a couple of months ago a woman came in and asked if we accept machines and I told her no ,only when there is a trade in special..She said she just bought a new serger and wanted to give her old one away..I told Her I would take it off her hands..It runs perfectly..I oiled it up where needed and cleaned off all the grime on it..It runs beautifully and I was able to download the manual for it..

They could be either mug rugs or coasters or heatpads..I only use cotton rope.

It's off to bed for me .I have to get some sleep tonite..we're getting up at 6 and hopefully out of the house by 7..Long day tomorrow..I'll be wrapping rope in the car..have all my supplies in the car already..Talk to you guys on Friday..H.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:18 AM

Givio, even dh was surprised at how many sweet potatoes were in the tire...so next year, there will be two tires. One for us and one for the neighbor. They were large, (four were huge) so it made up lots. Like you buy in the store. A tuber (potato) was used to start little plants, then reset outside when frost days were over.

The Stack n Whack belongs to the neighbor and I promised to help her sew up her first quilt on that pattern. Wonderful experience working with her. Fun and laughter which is always nice. . . like sunshine all day.

Quilter 65 is driving us up to DM; coming to our rescue one more time. There are 'angels' on earth that are very special persons in this old world and she is one of them. I am trying very hard not to take advantage of her generosity and time that really helps us out in a big way. May you all have a good day.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 PM

Back home safe and sound. Sixteen stitches on left side of head and delay on any nose ops until April. Retina drs could not see a thing wrong with dh retina or blood behind it, so clear of that for two months or get a second opinion on it which may happen.

Tomorrow back in the QR working on the Stack n shack quilt I would love to finish next week. Have to take a picture and post it.

Have a good Friday, everyone
Old 10-20-2016, 05:40 PM

Welcome home, QNS. Take care!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:49 PM

OH Sue I am sooo glad to here all the good news about you & your DH.

First I do have good news. We signed a new contract for the house today. The close date is set for Dec 20th. Ain't it funny how we didn't have a buyer while DM is in the hospital?.....Nope not funny at all, just more proof that God is in charge.

DM is still on a roller coaster. They are gonna do a procedure where they drain fluid off of her abdomen tomarrow. We are still doing 2 steps forward & 1 back.

I love coming here & reading about all of your lives it reminds me that there is life outside of the hospital.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:00 PM

We arrived this evening safe and sound also Ninasue..Good news for Your hubby and so sorry you had to have stitches..

Going to check my emails then off to bed..It was a 12 hour drive home..So many cars on the road..G'nite all..H.