Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-22-2016, 04:50 PM

I got my 100 blocks in the mail Saturday. I wasnt real excited about the blocks but Im sure Ill find some new ones to make out of it. They have a lot of pp blocks that are really pretty but not for me to attempt!! Ive got all 14 issues of the 100 blocks and always find 1 or 2 favorites in each that I use over and over! Im waiting on these blocks before I even start on my fish quilt!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:07 PM

Joan, wish I had that many issues.. I found more blocks I would like to try in this issue then any of my other ones.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
And another...

Bibliostone
Billi - confirmed in transit
Francie Yuhas
GramE

Ibex94
Jaba
Janice McC
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra - confirmed in transi
t
Libster
Ljdugas
Mollymunchkin
Moonrise

Moonwork42029
Muse&Sew
NanaKathy55
Quiltermomma

Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravelingGramma
Yep. Someone has to be last. Soon.... tomorrow morning my package should be on its way. :-)
Old 11-22-2016, 11:01 PM

I am churning out some Churn Dashes so I can dash my package off tomorrow. GramE gets a dainty Daisy Dash. Quiltermomma gets a Roses Gone Wild Dash, and Moonwork gets a Butterflies are Free Dash.
Attached Thumbnails grame-churn-dash.jpg   quiltermomma-roses-gone-wild.jpg   moonwork22029-butterflies-free.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 11-22-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:31 AM

One more churn dash for Kassundra. The pictures don't do her fabric justice. My last two have paper piecing components. The piecing took forever so I gave up on finishing these blocks until the last minute. For Billi a paperpieced note and an attempt to make use of knobbly thread technique (make your tension wanky). Thank you for letting me experiment on the block a little. Your music lover is not likely to hate the heart. And last, but not least, is a paper pieced Kaleidoscope for NanaKathy.

I cannot begin to tell you all how much I have learned in taking on this challenge. Thank you for inspiring me and keeping me creative! Now for more time...

Thank you Janice for being the hostess with the mostest!!
Attached Thumbnails kassaundra-churn-dash.jpg   billi-music-love.jpg   nanakathy-kaleidoscope.jpg  
Old 11-23-2016, 06:05 AM

Ibex great finish on your blocks. Love my churndash, and that butterfly fabric for MoonW, is AMAZING do you have any info on designer or fabric line?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:08 AM

Way to go for pulling it off! Woo, hoo! Lovely blocks. Just send me the tracking info when you get it. Thanks!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
One more churn dash for Kassundra. The pictures don't do her fabric justice. My last two have paper piecing components. The piecing took forever so I gave up on finishing these blocks until the last minute. For Billi a paperpieced note and an attempt to make use of knobbly thread technique (make your tension wanky). Thank you for letting me experiment on the block a little. Your music lover is not likely to hate the heart. And last, but not least, is a paper pieced Kaleidoscope for NanaKathy.

I cannot begin to tell you all how much I have learned in taking on this challenge. Thank you for inspiring me and keeping me creative! Now for more time...

Thank you Janice for being the hostess with the mostest!!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

LOVE the churn dashes! The butterfly one is going to go SO WELL in the Hippie quilt. It's perfect.

Love them all but I've always admired that kaliedoscope design. I bought some really nice plexi templates for that block (from Marti Michell) but have yet to use them. I need to.

Good job, Ibex, bringing up the rear! Can't wait to see some quilts from this group.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 AM

Great finish Ibex.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:46 AM

Just an fyi: In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be making some changes to the gallery, including possibly looking for a new home for it. I should have made changes prior to this round but alas, I didn't. If anyone has any suggestions for an easy to use free hosting site, please let me know by EMAIL. In the meantime, I've deleted some old, old Boom galleries but 15 through 17 are still up and will remain so for at least a little while. If anyone wants any of these pix, now is the time to grab them.