2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

I just did a PIF....figured over a yard of 5" squares went out the door...yeah.....
Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

I am preparing a new project to take to retreat. Just for the center I am using 30 FQs. Nice reduction indeed. I never thought to add up yardage until this thread.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM

Everyone who is retreating-- have fun!

Martina- How is your furry friend doing?..

I spent yesterday morning doing the upholstery for Dear Cousin's tuffet. It was fun, but I will think twice about using vintage neckties again--- washing, taking apart, ironing, stabilizing, cutting into strips--- took way way way way way longer than if I'd just used quilter's cotton, and I didn't use any stash--- in fact ended up with a bunch of scraps (as if
I need more)

Rob
Old 04-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Ohmegosh, petthefabric, happy birthday to you and me today. Hope you get to sew all day.
Happy Birthday to both of you! Hoping you have delightful days!
Old 04-29-2017, 10:02 AM

Had a nice BD. SHOPPING. Found a 40% sale on fabric. And got some much needed summer clothing. Husband had card and Daughter sent flowers. Due to schedules, BD has been extended 1 1/2 wks. Dinner is next weekend. Love being special for more than 1 day.

one month ago I had knee surgery. I've been slowly getting back into the yard. The wild grass has gone to seed while I recooped. Husband is out weed-wacking. Yesterday got a lot weeded and a plant moved. Today, what shall I do? Garden or Quilt? The real quandry is that the weather forcast is for 90's next week and I don't do heat. Even so Quilt wins. Got 2 charity quilt tops completed this month.

How did others do on curbing fabric accumulation and fabric use this month?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

I did not get much done this week at all. With a sick fur kid, all eyes were (and are) on her. We either sat waiting for the vet to call back with results (which have all been inconclusive so far) or we had to take her to the vet for more tests. My mind just wasn't in the quilting game. At least we figured out that we can get her to eat home-cooked food. She ate a little last night and again this morning (chicken and rice). She also showed interest in my bagel so she took a treat for the first time in days. It is so hard with the 4-legged ones because they can't tell you what hurts. We are re-running the blood panel in hopes of a conclusive answer - although, it wouldn't be a good one. The options are really all bad.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:24 AM

I did not get much done this week at all. With a sick fur kid, all eyes were (and are) on her. We either sat waiting for the vet to call back with results (which have all been inconclusive so far) or we had to take her to the vet for more tests. My mind just wasn't in the quilting game. At least we figured out that we can get her to eat home-cooked food. She ate a little last night and again this morning (chicken and rice). She also showed interest in my bagel so she took a treat for the first time in days. It is so hard with the 4-legged ones because they can't tell you what hurts. We are re-running the blood panel in hopes of a conclusive answer - although, it wouldn't be a good one. The options are really all bad.

I'm sorry to hear this, Martina.
Hugs,
Rob
Old 04-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Yeh. They can't say where it hurts. Hope she feels better soon.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Power Poster

I am in sooooo much trouble. The quilt store next to the retreat is FABULOUS. No way am Ieaving empty-handed. No way. No willpower. No guilt.
Update: Sadie is responding to the steroids and she is eating again. I know it's temporary but I take what I can get.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:26 AM

I am in sooooo much trouble. The quilt store next to the retreat is FABULOUS. No way am Ieaving empty-handed. No way. No willpower. No guilt.
Update: Sadie is responding to the steroids and she is eating again. I know it's temporary but I take what I can get.
I know how you feel with your fur baby. I hurt for you. I had to put mine down a few months ago. He was almost 18, but you would never know it. My home is so empty without him. So prayers for you in whatever lays ahead.