Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
FYI about sitting with your foot tucked under you.... >

FYI about sitting with your foot tucked under you....

FYI about sitting with your foot tucked under you....

Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 AM

My knees are not set well within the socket. I learned this after reading for a couple hours with one leg tucked back under me and when I went to stand not having a leg to stand on. It had dislocated itself from the position. I had minor knee surgery for that one but learned that I have to sit with my legs straight down or straight up but never bent under me again (or crossed). The knee dislocated six more times before I had MAJOR surgery. I always check to make sure its in and locked before I stand now. The older I get the easier my body falls apart. Take care of yours!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 AM

I always sit with my legs crossed too..... :roll: It's really hard for me to just sit 'proper'! But who would have thought sitting with one's legs crossed could mess up hip alignment! I'm guessing it's that "all things in moderation" thing..... Just like my constantly sitting with my foot tucked messed with my pelvis.
They should have a self-help group for this, like overeaters anonymous, etc.! Go to meetings where they teach proper sitting..... lol!!!!!
Ok, I'm going to start having both feet flat on the floor from now on. ~ hopefully. I should stick a stickie note on my monitor and sewing machine - Where Are Your Feet?? lol!!!!
:-)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 AM

I thought sitting on your feet was just a genetic thing...my grandma did it, my mom does it, my sister and I do it and so do all three of my grown daughters :oops: :?: :-)