Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out >

Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out

Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out

Old 12-10-2017, 04:39 PM

Thank you Lisa, ljs317, you are awesome. I had the best, over stuffed Secret Santa box ever! It had over a dozen patterns, books, lots of fat quarters, the cutest kitty fabric, scissors, caramels, a really cute quilt mug full of candy...I can barely fit it all in a picture. She even sent special goodies for my kitty, Buttons. I love, love, love everything!
Attached Thumbnails secretsanta173.jpg   secretsanta17.jpg  
Old 12-10-2017, 04:46 PM

DebS was my secret Santa his year. Wow, she really went all out. She sent me the only “Queen “ album I did not have on CD, yippee! (Queen fanatic here), How did she know? She also sent a beautiful coffee trivet with an angel on it. There were fancy Christmas socks, a coffee cup, trivet, and tray with sewing decor, for my breakfast muffins and coffee, a stocking and toy for Eli (big goofy dog) and a stocking and jingle balls for Bruno (big old crunchy cat). There is also a Debbie Macomber book, 4 black and white fat quarters. The one gift I requested is also in the box, a “Clearly Perfect Angles” tool (to help me sew straighter), as well as enough high quality dark chocolate (4 huge bars!) to last me until next year! And last, but certainly not least, she made me a beautiful embroidered pillow and put her own label on it sO I will always remember who made it for me. Thank you sew much..
Attached Thumbnails 414e63ac-f26f-46ac-adc0-7727c2720c11.jpeg  
Old 12-10-2017, 05:01 PM

I'm off work and so kitty and I are going to open my box 6:30pm CST
Brigit-Carol Lay YOU out did yourself! I love everything! Needles and quilting books and chocolates, Fatquaters and Table runner, scarf, yardage, fancy stuff and practical. A much needed journal and a 60 degree triangle ...WOW.... I'm going to be so busy and having so much fun using all my goodies.... Thank you so much! I will post pictures as soon as they get from my camera to my computer.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
Where do I start????

First of all, I have chocolates, a large assortment of teas along with a great selection of flavored coffees......
I can then move on to the beautiful array of fabrics, FWs, strips, yardage..OMG..you wouldn't believe the material I received.
After all that, I can sit down and read the book on Paper Piecing or play some solitaire after I give my hands a treatment with my new "udderly" smooth hand lotion.
Next morning, I can treat those smooth feeling hands by taking care to use my new Christmas potholders, while adorning my "Santa" apron.
Thank you, Rose Howell, you have given my holiday season a wonderful beginning and I will enjoy each & every thoughtful gift you sent out to me. Thank you again, MaryJane
glad you liked it. it was fun picking up the various items for you. the various coffees come from a little shop called "tsp" in one of our local malls. i was so happy to come across the shop as the Cub store was remodeling and had no small bags of coffee samples. the salesgirl was so helpful and helped me pick out some good flavors for you and ground each one for me while i waited.
I dont drink coffee but the flavors ans smells ofthe samples I sent you were intriguing.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:09 PM

Thank you MizMelly! You were my Secret Santa. Bingbing sniffed out One Eyed Jack from the package. A patchwork stocking, a Batik mugrug, and a beach theme apron so well hand made. I also received a zippered pouch with a zipper pull charm. MizMelly made. Thank you. You are a fine quilter. I received a 5 pack of Olfa 45 rotary Blades, yes it was on my list for a blade, got 5. a big spool of aurifil thread , which was on my list. 4 beautiful FQs of sunflower fabrics to add to my collection for my sunflower theme quilt. 6 coordinating FQ of yummy batiks, I will never separate them, they must stay in the same quilt. I just adore batiks. I want all my beds with batik quilts. I received chocolates, cashews, notepad with calendar, pin cushion with pins, magnet. Everything wrapped up so nicely. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Our Mfay has been a busy Secret Santa...I couldn't participate this year, but have been following along...always fun. I guess knowing my year has been very hard, she decided to brighten it for me. Marion, you are such a sweet friend! It made my day, definately! I hope I can post pics, this move has messed things up for my computer too. Hopefully, my grandson fixed it so I can post pics again. Stay tuned...Oh yea! It worked!!! So many beautiful things...Kneedy found the koala & I had to chase him all over the house to get it back!!! Thank you, again, sweet Marion!
Attached Thumbnails secret-santa-marion-1.jpg   secret-santa-marion-2.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 12-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:33 PM

What happened to Everyone????
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Hi all, everyone seems to be getting some wonderful things. I also opened my package from my Secret Santa and she is still secret because there was no card. I did some detective work and I think I know who it is but I will wait to hear from her.
I will try to get a picture but until I do here is a lloooooooong list of things I received. Tissue and Tissue holder,Chocolate lip gloss, Quilt and Color Coloring Book, Colored Pencils, Mini Tumbler with a Tumbler Pattern. Iron on Love labels, Thread with a Needle Theader. 2 Bags of Popcorn, Pair of Christmas socks and pair of comfy blue socks. Owl chop Sticks, 1 pack of 5" Island Batik Squares. 6 Batik Fat Quarters, 17 blue and purple 2"xLOF strips, 16 Clover Clips and a container full of Chocolate mini candies. Thank you so much for the awesome package who ever you are. I hope I didn't forget anything as the box was stuffed. I love it all. BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 12-10-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:20 PM

OH MY GOODNESS..............Skaduzy (SUE) Sue sent me the most wonderful Secret Santa Package ever. I am so Thankful & Appreciative to you Sue for everything. You hit everything thing right on the head & believe me the most precious item is that Turtle pincushion. I know that it was just meant to be mine!! My daughter will be here tomorrow to take pictures, so I can post them for all to see. I am busy eating all of my yummy candy, while I wait for her. THANK YOU AGAIN SUE as I LOVE everything.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Believe it or not I actually forgot it was opening day, and then I got home, got on my computer and saw all the wonderful SS photos. So needless to say I had to open my package right away. Thank you Suzisew for the great package. It was like she was my best friend and knew exactly what I liked. Everything was beautifully wrapped. The one thing I did not photograph was the information regarding her area she sent. What is funny is that I go to this area at least once or twice a year. Guess I need to explore a little next time instead of just driving through, or staying at a local hotel. Along with the fun sweets was information of where they came from. Now the hard part, where to start with all the goodies. I got the one gift that keeps giving, a subscription to McCalls Quilting. A fun Table Toppers pattern book and table runner pattern. The 1/2 cut of fabric is almost to pretty to cut into pieces, will have to pull one of my focal prints patterns out for this one, and the 6 FQ's are beautiful. Last but not least was a fun pair of I Love Quilting earrings and a beautiful stiletto. Thank you again Suzisew for being a great Secret Santa. [ATTACH=CONFIG]585173[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]585174[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]585175[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20171210_234016_resized.jpg   20171210_234617_resized.jpg   20171210_234727_resized.jpg