Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
can we talk irons >

can we talk irons

can we talk irons

Old 10-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Red face can we talk irons

I'm looking for a new iron. I'd like a cordless, either dry or steam. What is your favorite and why?
Thanks
Old 10-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

i love a cordless iron and own one. but it does not stay hot as long as i need for 'chain' ironing and it has to return ti its cradle too often.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:08 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to send my Oliso back and pay $69.95 in advance for a repair that is supposedly guaranteed. I started a thread about my broken iron and one person had sent their back 6 times. I do not want to be without it for that long. My repairman says to keep it and buy another one then maybe the next time something breaks it will be something else and we can switch parts. Oliso does not want you to even open up the iron. I've only had it for 18 months. But I am afraid of sitting another iron down and starting a fire.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:09 PM

I was wondering about how long it would stay hot. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll get one of those that stay flat and then rise up when not in use instead of a cordless. Has anyone used those, I can't remember the name :/
Old 10-06-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I'm trying to decide if I want to send my Oliso back and pay $69.95 in advance for a repair that is supposedly guaranteed. I started a thread about my broken iron and one person had sent their back 6 times. I do not want to be without it for that long. My repairman says to keep it and buy another one then maybe the next time something breaks it will be something else and we can switch parts. Oliso does not want you to even open up the iron. I've only had it for 18 months. But I am afraid of sitting another iron down and starting a fire.

Is this the one that rises up when it's put down flat?
Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bellel View Post
Is this the one that rises up when it's put down flat?
Oliso is the one the rises up. I have the yellow one. I only use spring water in it (not distilled) as per the instructions and I've had good luck with mine so far. I posted about it in your other thread.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

I just use any iron dry. If I need water I use a spray bottle. Any iron I buy last for years. I keep it and an under cabinet light plugged into a plug strip. If the light is off then the iron is off.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 PM

I think since it's October and I am a breast cancer survivor and I always buy myself a special pink gift every October I will choose the pink Oliso iron. My old iron picked the right time to die Thanks everyone for your input
Old 10-06-2017, 04:30 PM

Cordless is really nice, but I find they don't get hot enough for my liking. I have the Oliso (rising legs one); it was a godsend when I was having wrist problems, because you don't have to turn it on end. The turning was really aggravating my wrist and forearm. I've had it for three years, and if it breaks, I will get another.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh I'm so happy you're a survivor!!!!!!! Love hearing this kind of news
I can't help- I have an old Panasonic that's not cordless. I won't buy any more expensive irons since my Rowenta quit right after the warranty was up!
I use a dry iron and either Best Press or just spray water. No real reason, just lazy I guess!
Continued good health to you, dear!