Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found them where??? >

Found them where???

Found them where???

Old 02-08-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Found them where???

Over the weekend I worked on a baby quilt on my designated sewing machine, had problems and gave up for another day. Then when I wanted to try again (after ripping out previous stitches) one of my gloves was no where to be found anywhere and the spare pair was missing too. Looked everywhere!! Gave up and trimmed 1 1/2 scrap strips to send to a lady in Kentucky who is making a scrappy pineapple quilt. Days later, looked for my missing three gloves again...still nowhere!! After a week of looking I finally went to empty my sewing trash and where I normally just dump it, this time I pulled the trash out by handfull's. There in the lower half of the trash was my missing 3 gloves!! Makes me wonder if I'm starting to loose my mind. Anyone else ever find missing items in strange places??
Old 02-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Constantly!
Old 02-08-2018, 12:46 PM

When you have a reversal problem, it's easy to find the gloves in the waste basket and the trimmings in the cubby where the gloves belong.
Is you waste basket where they could have fallen off the sewing machine cabinet or table?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Over the weekend I worked on a baby quilt on my designated sewing machine, had problems and gave up for another day. Then when I wanted to try again (after ripping out previous stitches) one of my gloves was no where to be found anywhere and the spare pair was missing too. Looked everywhere!! Gave up and trimmed 1 1/2 scrap strips to send to a lady in Kentucky who is making a scrappy pineapple quilt. Days later, looked for my missing three gloves again...still nowhere!! After a week of looking I finally went to empty my sewing trash and where I normally just dump it, this time I pulled the trash out by handfull's. There in the lower half of the trash was my missing 3 gloves!! Makes me wonder if I'm starting to loose my mind. Anyone else ever find missing items in strange places??
You didn't happen to find the lost title to one of my trucks in there did you?..............................LOL

I misplaced it and had to eat the $93.00 replacement fee...............no fabric for me "(
Old 02-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Once I dropped a finished quilt block in my trash. A few days after the garbage truck picked up, I realized it was missing...Arghh!
Old 02-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

we all need to make a "catcher" with a heavy pincushion weight on the tabletop.
Why? bc my garage can is right next to my table and I have dropped things in
there,
or they got knocked off.
Same thing by my dsm! Catchers, ladies! We need goody catchers!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:16 PM

Ha! I figured you were going to say you found it sewed to the bottom side of whatever you'd been working on. That's happened to me once or twice.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:19 PM

I also have a waste basket next to my chair where I am sewing. I have a clear acrylic box beside my machine so that I may put my sewing machine feet that I am not using in it. I am so afraid of dropping them into the basket. I've tried the weighted thingy cut it just isn't large enough. I usually check all of my baskets before I empty them. I have 3 in my sewing space. One at the ironing board, one at my cutting mat and the one next to my machine. I spend hours of my life just looking for things I have misplaced. I keep thinking I'm doing better at keeping track but I still spend way too much time "hunting". Always hunting!!!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:50 PM

I have a pink plastic taped to my piecing/FMQ machine and a waste basket under my second piecing machine. I check both as I empty them into the large trash. Too many little things are mysteriously jumped in there.
I spent way too much time searching for a misplaced block this week. Finally found it stacked on another one on the design wall.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 PM

It's in one of the special places I put things so they won't get lost.