Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Nancy Zieman Block of the month >

Nancy Zieman Block of the month

Nancy Zieman Block of the month

Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM

Question Nancy Zieman Block of the month

Is anyone on the board following the Nancy Zieman dot com quilt block of the month for 2018? I bought the beautiful fat quarter bundle that Nancy designed called Farmhouse Florals and the special ruler to make this as advertised on her website. It said a block monthly with directions to make with this line of fabric. I wanted to make it to have something designed completely by her in honor of the influence she has had on my sewing career. (I use the word career very loosely...although I have done it most of my life.) I have received only one email notification for the January block. It did have two blocks for that month. I have put a comment on the blog and not had any response. I am just wondering if this has been dropped or if I am just not being contacted as they said they would. Anyone else working on this? Thanks for anyone's comments.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:26 PM

I'm doing this BOM also. It seems to me that the block is posted toward the end of the month. My January block is dated Jan. 20th and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it the day I received the newsletter so I'm not looking for the Feb. block until the end of next week. Does this help you any?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
I'm doing this BOM also. It seems to me that the block is posted toward the end of the month. My January block is dated Jan. 20th and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it the day I received the newsletter so I'm not looking for the Feb. block until the end of next week. Does this help you any?
Hi Dotty. Yes, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. I saw the February block is posted today in my email. Thanks for your response. I really want to do this but am finding it time-consuming having to look at my computer for each step. I guess I will get it done but it won't move very fast....at least not for me. I wanted to print it out but the pdf is 18 pages....not doing that! So just referring back to my computer as I go. Maybe I can figure it all out. Have a good one!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:25 PM

I've been waiting for the February block as well. Haven't started yet, not too crazy about the Farmhouse Florals colors so may go in different direction. I enjoyed and learned so much from Nancy I want to continue a connection to her.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

I plan to do it. I don't need another project but I want to anyway. Nancy was such a great lady. I'd like to do it to honor her.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:04 AM

I received the February block on Feb. 17.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 AM

I also got the email for the February block yesterday.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:28 PM

Thanks for posting the second block is ready. I would love to make this one too. the fabrics are gorgeous. I'm not quite sure of their placement and might change some out for a little more contrast in the blocks.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:41 PM

Looks like this will be a beautiful quilt--thanks for sharing the information.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:21 PM

February block is on the site. Go to 2018 BOM