Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 AM

Ann - Happy Anniversary a little early! Wow, 50 yrs! Congratulations.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:49 AM

Hello from Ohio. I finally physically made the move but my things won't be here until the 9th or 10th (maybe). I do have my apartment but there is nothing in it yet other than the things I brought with me in my car. I am staying with my son until then.

I have been sewing since my teen years, made soft sculptured dolls for many years and started quilting about 5 years ago. Boom 19 was my first boom but missed out on the last one due to packing and selling my mobile in Florida. I met several boom ladies last year in Florida at a "Meet and Greet". It was a fun time. For those who didn't see the fabric I'm sending this time, I'm attaching a picture. I love Christmas and Santas and wanted a Christmas quilt for my new place. I prefer it to be red and white so I'm asking to just use white or wow.

I've been retired for almost 5 years now. I have one son and 2 grands. Other than quilting, I love to bake, read and any kind of crafts. I'm looking forward to be in this boom and many more.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180509_093341.jpg  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:59 AM

Just in case anyone needs batting, Hobbs is having a sale: https://www.battingsupersale.com/supersale.asp
Old 05-30-2018, 06:07 AM

PamelaOry -- love your block!

DarcyShannon -- so glad you are here to share your quilting bug. I come and go as time allows into quilting so I know exactly what you were thinking when you thought about leaving quilting for good

GramE -- I LOVE puns.... Keep em coming.

Ann - Happy Anniversary!

Klaws -- your xmas print is great fun!

Time to go find some patterns to work on. Discussions on this board are moving faster than I can keep up!
Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 AM

PamelaO - I wouldn't do that block - well maybe if half was paperpieced!! Good going. And a concur - check out other ways to do hst and use lotsa spray starch

GramE - sure am glad you are up and running. Your blocks always shine bright.

Klaws - yes, the meet and greet was great. I hope to be swapping with you.

Waiting with impatience to see who are in each group. Last time I got so excited seeing fabric that spoke to me and then they were in the other group!! (I actually went a bit crazy when the F8's arrived and it wasn't in there!!)
Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 AM

OKay ladies -I need to let you know of a new scam. I have had the same checking account for 15 years. In March there was an ACH transfer to an "unknown to us" company for $1860. Got it back - but I had to close out the account and start a new one. And change over the automatic income and payments I use it for.
I don't write checks - use it for all the automatic stuff. Especially careful this past months. Well last week we had another ACH transfer to an "unknown to us" company for $1890. Called Fraud over weekend and went into bank first thing in morning - and another ACH transfer to an "unknown to us" company for $1800 was there (couldn't go through)
Bank is stymied. They haven't ever seen this. So we jumped through hoops, closed everthing down, used all new email and passwords, etc. I just feel so violated. I am accustomed to credit card compromise, but not my checking account. so I am saying all this to make you aware to check your online accounts weekly.
Rant over - now to look at some soothing, comfy fabric - aahhhh
Old 05-30-2018, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the tip TG. Makes you so dang mad and frustrated.

Love your boom quilt in your picture. I am hoping to copy your idea on one of the next booms. Have great fabric line - faded roses to use. Sewbiz picked up some of them for me and I have been slowly adding to the collection
Old 05-30-2018, 08:28 AM

Very nice.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Here is my second and final lap quilt from Quail blocks. Same look, but these are the other 9 blocks I received. I will post this in Quail too, but figured most of you were over here now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594939[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594940[/ATTACH]

Love these blocks! So much fun to quilt.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 AM

My name is Kathy and I have done both sets of the last two BOOMs, so I guess I have participated in 4.

I have been sewing for 41 years and mostly sewed formals and weddings. I made all my 4 sons clothing when they were little and now sew for my grandson and my great nephew. I enjoy making bags and pot holders now. Love applique.

I just started quilting and have made mostly lap quilts. I love rag quilts for all the new babies in my life.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:56 AM

TG -- that is awful!! Make sure your home computer/tablet/phone doesn't have some kind of hacker in it that is siphoning all your new password setups. I run a couple of different programs on my computer to try to keep the hackers off. Spybot and CCleaner are free and are recommended by PC magazine in addition to the AVG software I have installed. Can anyone recommend a better software program than AVG? I have a PC.

I am heading to my bank account now to see if anything looks weird. Thank you for the heads up!

And I love your color wheel quilt!! It came together really well!