Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
2018 Christmas Cookie Recipes >

2018 Christmas Cookie Recipes

2018 Christmas Cookie Recipes

Old 12-13-2018, 04:00 AM

cjsews - How can we ever thank you for the link? Just a fabulous cookie resource going so far back! Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2018, 05:45 AM

Oh gosh, I missed this thread earlier and feel my resolve to not make Christmas cookies dissolve!! Does anyone know if there's a way to print out this whole thread? We have one staple Christmas cookie that I HAVE to make, which came from my DH's grandma. They are meant to get hard and our favorite way to eat them is to just let them melt in our mouths. Others soak them in coffee or milk.
KLUTCHENS
1 C butter
1.5 C sugar
1 C Karo light syrup
1 C sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 T anise seed (we love anise, so I put in most of a box of anise seed and a little bottle of anise extract)
6 C of flour (this is approximate...the dough should not be sticky)

Mix all of this (a strong man is useful here, otherwise probably a good stand mixer) and when it's nice and stiff, make rope like rolls of dough and slice into small pieces. I make them marble sized. Bake at 350 until they are light to medium brown...Sorry, I'm not sure exactly how long. Leave on cookie sheet a few minutes, then dump them into a bowl or pan where they have room to cool thoroughly. They should be hard all the way through.

Merry Christmas all!
Old 12-15-2018, 05:32 PM

I make this Pistachio Bread every year.

1 White cake mix
1 box pistachio pudding (instant)
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
about 1/4 tsp green food color

Sift (don’t skip this) cake mix into large mixing bowl. Add everything else & combine thoroughly. Preheat oven 350. Grease 2 loaf pans & put 1/4 of batter in each pan. Mix 4 tsp cinnamon with 3 tsp white sugar, sprinkle half on batter in pans. Repeat with remaining batter & finish with remaining cinnamon mix on top. Bake 45-55 minutes. Test center with toothpick. Cool 10 minutes (important) then remove from pan & cool on wire rack.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:59 PM

No cookie baking here this year. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on a remodel of kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. Kitchen was totally gutted down to studs. Cook top is installed in island, but wall oven is not yet in. Hopefully, in a few days - but there are boxes and STUFF everywhere! Most of the kitchen boxes have been unpacked and things are in the cupboards. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Next year, though - I will enjoy having lots of counter space on the island and my KitchenAid conveniently in a little garage in the corner of the counter. I've always wanted to do a cookie exchange, maybe I'll finally do one.

Anyhow - We make my MIL's cut outs w/ royal icing, pipe around edges then flood. More time, but less messy and very pretty. I used to make angels and decorate right down to blue eyes. No more of that! Mittens w/ a cuff, stars, trees.

Kiffles, DD loves them and they are ridiculously priced in the store. Not bad to make, but they do not keep very well. However, I have had a terrible cold - no energy, and am coughing like crazy. Not interested in baking.

Cranberry Hootycreeks. What the heck is a hootycreek? I think that is what originally caught my eye with these cookies.

Peanut Butter Blossoms and a chewy ginger molasses (that only I will eat - soooo good with coffee!).

When we had older relatives, I baked lots of cookies and made up tins to give them. Now we are the older relatives, lol!
Old 12-22-2018, 10:30 PM

That cookie variety looks so nice.

I made and decorated sugar cookies with a neighbor on Thursday. I have some friends and kids coming over tomorrow to decorate cookies. I will try to post pictures. It isn’t easy so I tend to not to post as many pictures as I would if only one step.

I may make a batch of fudge. I love seeing all the variety and may do more next year.