Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays? >

By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays?

By The Way….Did You Get A New Sewing Machine For The Holidays?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:57 AM

New Pfaff Ambition Essential on extended Black Friday sale. Happy Happy !
Old 12-26-2018, 10:30 AM

I purchased a 1939 221. It’s beautiful.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:35 AM

Not exactly -- but close enough! A friend gave me her Bernina 820 "sewing computer" in November. For the last 20 years I've sewn on a vintage Remington older than I am. I've been learning the new-to-me machine and love it so far, I have vision issues and the self threader is a wonderful help, as is the very bright lighting. I really like using the knee lever for foot up/down and have become a big fan of the thread cutter -- lol who knew I didn't need to be covered with lengths of thread...
Old 12-26-2018, 11:28 AM

No sewing machine but I was given an outrageously expensive walking foot for my machine. If I had known it was that much, I would never had put it on my list. I also received the always need bobbins and my kids joined together to buy a Cricut that cuts fabric. It was a wonderful quilty day.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:16 PM

DH bought me a Juki Serger for Christmas. He gave it to me early because I had a project for Christmas, that I could not finish because my Huskyloc decided to never work again, and could not be fixed.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:55 PM

No, my herd should probably be thinned since my sewing area is so small, but I love each and every one and they are all really good at different things....maybe what I should ask for next year is a bigger sewing studio LOL!

Enjoy your new machines everyone!

Rob
Old 12-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

No new machine here. We stopped buying gifts for each other years ago. If we want something we just buy it.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I also like to have 2-3 sewing machines set up at one time.
I'm glad to see I am not the only one with 3 machines set up at the same time. Love rolling my chair to the correct color thread.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Linmar View Post
(Does it count if you bought a machine for yourself?)

Santa did contribute to the purchase; he never knows what to buy me, so he was pleased that he could give me money toward my new Juki 2000 QVP. I was almost set on the F600 but the dealer had the 2000 QVP in an open box and the price was lowered enough to reduce the price difference gap considerably. I was able to demo one in the store and am impressed with the quality of stitches, quietness, features and (most important for a relative beginner) - ease of use.
Yes, buying for yourself does count here on this particular thread. I was saving the cash for 1 machine. I found out that, just like any other gift type of product, the end of year/holidays sales can't be beat! So not only 1 but 2 were purchased in my own case. Glad you joined the party.

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I also like to have 2-3 sewing machines set up at one time.
A person after my own heart. I keep 2 always ready to sew. 2 more in the closet. All carefully stored in hard plastic cases. One of the ways I protect all my fine investments (even cheapo sewing machines deserve good care) to practically new, free of dust, cat curiosity protection, & clean inside and out. Each little step of protection and care does help preventing potential sewing machine problems that might require sewing center help. Which I cannot afford in any case.

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
I'm glad to see I am not the only one with 3 machines set up at the same time. Love rolling my chair to the correct color thread.
In my case different fabrics. One each for knit, quilting cottons/shirts, and heavy pants weight fabric already adjusted for each fabric's optimal settings.

Last edited by Iona D.; 12-26-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:38 PM

I was on my first ever shop hop in November and saw a used Babylock Ellisimo Gold, at a price I could fit on my account. I love it. It is my first successful embroidery, and it is so easy to use. I've done some piecing, but find I prefer to just keep it set up for embroidery and piece on my Juki F600. Oh, I also quilted a wall hanging on it too. It does that beautifully as well.