Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My heart went pit-a-pat but... >

My heart went pit-a-pat but...

My heart went pit-a-pat but...

Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Default My heart went pit-a-pat but...

We pulled into a thrift store and parked to the right of the driveway. There is someone pulled up to the left side at the door. He is unloading the car. I have just started walking over when I see a 6" curve of wood over top of his arm. I break into a jog to get there quickly. He hands it to a staff person and she asks me to open the door for her. I replied, "Sure, if I can have a peak under that cover." Unfortunately 1/2 the decals are missing and the case has been dropped on the corner and split all the way up to the dome. DH says I can't repair that. It was a hand crank but the crank has a big bolt on the end and a piece of plastic over the shaft. I didn't recognize the decals - some red but not a red eye. I have spent quite a bit of time looking at decals in the archival threads. A Singer but perhaps British or Canadian decals. I will have to start taking the camera with me so when things like this come up I can take a picture. As you have probably gathered, I let this one off the hook. This is the closest I have come to finding one in the wild.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:13 PM

LaVencedora? If so, likely a 128.
http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...encedora2.html
http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...c_indian2.html
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM

WIChix you may be right. There were no decals left on the bottom except that outside corner at the pillar. It did have the double long throat (bobbin) plates. There was a spoked fly wheel but there was a motor on the back which I think said .6. The compartment on the right seemed to have another motor or something electrical in it also but as I knew I wasn't buying I didn't pay too much attention and didn't ask DH about it. It is kind of funny that it still had the case key with it.

Last edited by Kelsie; 04-18-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:56 PM

awww too bad.