Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2019

Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 AM

I don't understand why some of my pictures upload but most don't! I tried t upload pictures of the clue 15 blocks from Sunset on the Sound (Michelle Renee Hiatt's mystery quilt) and the County Fair (by Fig Tree Company) top that I finished yesterday but the computer just won't do it.

tusconquilter--love your penguin quilt!

sewbizgirl--beautiful winding ways quilt

toogie--have a wonderful time with your family.

janjanq--pineapple is one of my favorite blocks, yours are lovely
Old 04-20-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
Going back home to Michigan after spending the winter in our Florida "cottage", so I'm just going to work on small projects before I get everything packed. I have numerous charm packs and scraps so I'm making pineapple block potholders and mug rugs. [ATTACH=CONFIG]611820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611821[/ATTACH]
Those look too nice to use, I would be tempted to just use them as wall art.

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter View Post
This is one of two penquin quilts I am working on today. This one I will sandwich and start quilting.....I hope lol
He is too cute! someone will be very happy to receive it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Everyone's photos are so inspiring!

Here is the UFO I'm working on... Winding Ways. For the longest time this was just cut pieces in a box. I will do some borders to finish it up, then quilt it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611841[/ATTACH]
Nicely done!

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
My finishes so far

On Point quilt along from Jessica Dayon--I messed up the blocks and made a baby quilt instead!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611846[/ATTACH]
You didn't mess up, you did a design change.

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I don't understand why some of my pictures upload but most don't! I tried t upload pictures of the clue 15 blocks from Sunset on the Sound (Michelle Renee Hiatt's mystery quilt) and the County Fair (by Fig Tree Company) top that I finished yesterday but the computer just won't do it.

tusconquilter--love your penguin quilt!

sewbizgirl--beautiful winding ways quilt

toogie--have a wonderful time with your family.

janjanq--pineapple is one of my favorite blocks, yours are lovely
Reggiemom you have to pay attention to the number of pixels and the size of the file you upload makes a difference. I usually open my pictures in word and reduce the size by compressing them to a web page size, it's quick and easy. I save the compressed file with a C in the file name so I know it's a little one.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:27 PM

Me, just starting to sew today. Yard work this morning and early afternoon since it was so nice, it's 75! Have a nice breeze airing the house. This is what I was able to do yesterday still trying to figure a layout, I will have some 3strip blocks also. May see if the layout can incorporate some pinwheel block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611854[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsci4105c.jpg  
Old 04-20-2019, 01:09 PM

I'm a little late to the party! I've been sewing, and using a template to make Split Rect triangles. I'm making the Diamonds and Pearls quilt by the Quilting Company. Here's a photo of the quilt: https://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quil...d-quilt-block/

For anyone who uses clear rulers, here's a tip to help make accurate cuts. I put clear tape on my ruler to highlight the correct cutting lines. It's called Glow Tape and I found it at Joann.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611855[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0180.jpg  
Old 04-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
I'm a little late to the party! I've been sewing, and using a template to make Split Rect triangles. I'm making the Diamonds and Pearls quilt by the Quilting Company. Here's a photo of the quilt: https://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quil...d-quilt-block/

For anyone who uses clear rulers, here's a tip to help make accurate cuts. I put clear tape on my ruler to highlight the correct cutting lines. It's called Glow Tape and I found it at Joann.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611855[/ATTACH]
thanks for the tip
Old 04-20-2019, 01:27 PM

All I need to do is tame it and bind it. I guess I didn’t feed it under the needle as evenly as I thought I had.
Attached Thumbnails ff2842ea-7c0e-4d81-92dc-c554a031f33d.jpeg  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:36 PM

Dedemac, I would think all the pictures are the same size. I took them with the cell phone and didn't change any of the settings. Would they have changed size somehow?

I finished the On Point QAL top that I was supposed to be making! It's 68x72, so a decent size. Part of today was devoted to making out the greeter schedule for church for the next quarter. Tomorrow I have two blocks left to do to be all caught up on BOW/BOM. I'll do those during the Yankees game.

Will check back in tomorrow after Easter dinner.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:35 PM

Heather/Raggiemom -- I don't understand why when I take pictures with the same settings that they are different sizes either! I have a lot of browser protections and didn't install Java at all on this system so when I followed the directions in the help section my screen just didn't look the same nor give me the options I needed, either does my camera software. Lately I've been going to this free site to adjust my pictures:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
Then I save to my downloads where I can browse from the adding a picture window. Doesn't really give me all the options I would want, but quick and easy to post to Quilting Board.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:52 PM

Not much more sewn today, did get the layout sorted out. DH wanted to eat outside on the patio, at least he cooked. Then we had to take a walk since it was still nice.

The size of the pictures is determined by how many pixels are required to make up the picture. If the colors are larger blocks of a single color, then the pixels will be larger but the file size smaller, i.e. you don't need as many to make up the picture. I hope this helps to make sense of why same settings lead to different size files.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 PM

almost have my Gypsy Wife quilt finished on the long arm--will post pics tomorrow when I finish. I plan to get some perenials and a shrub planted after church tomorrow and then spend the afternoon finishing the quilting.