UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 01-03-2021, 05:07 PM

Congratulations on the finishes, oksewglad!

Old 01-04-2021, 11:56 AM

I'm going to join in this year since I am not working right now. I got several old UFO's done in 2020 as I resigned from my job (28 years) in March and started sewing almost everyday.

I have 2 tops ready to go to the LAQ as of today, I also have two tops at the LAQ right now, should be getting them back in the next week or two.
I have 2 T shirt quilts I will be working on this year for friends
I have the fabric for a two color quilt that I've been planning to start for several years now, this is the year to complete this one ( blue and white)
I have several block swaps from the last several years (boomarang swap) that I plan to get finished this year.
I also hope to do 1 top a month for church for donating to overseas and the local homeless.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:34 PM

Mona, goals and accountability help me get things done. Welcome to the UFO Challenge.

Today is my sewing group and two UFO's will get binding attention. Then labels and out the door to Comfort Quilts. There's a new lady organizing Comfort Quilts so need to make new plans to connect.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
What a great finish to 2020...an inspiration for this year! It's fun to read everyone's aspirations for 2021. FYI, I didn't list all my UFO's, just the ones I really want to finish. I find that many of my quilts are long term and are really WIP's, but WIP's over long periods of time

Drum roll.....I have a finish! the charm quilt I was almost finished with at end of year is now bound and threads all clipped. I need to find my phone to get a photo. I have pictures of my December finishes, but they are on my phone, too

Now what is next....
Congrats, OK! Is yours the 1st reported finish for 2021? No matter, you got one on the boards for Jan, so WTG.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
Congrats, OK! Is yours the 1st reported finish for 2021? No matter, you got one on the boards for Jan, so WTG.
Thanks, C, I'm not sure just happy to have it done. I am having issues with sending pictures from my phone to my computer... Maybe I will try to send from my phone to the QB
Old 01-04-2021, 07:27 PM

I don't know if this counts as a UFO....but when I did my nephew's quilt there were alot of scraps leftover. I saved them and am making 6.5" blocks. They're crumb style...but perhaps something can come from nothing? Anyway hello to everyone.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:29 PM

I too will be transferring some UFO’s from my 2020 list to a new 2021 list... I will however, be starting some new projects and not limiting myself to just UFO’s.

I am ready to quilt a door banner I started this weekend...a pineapple .. Then on to my first UFO For 2021.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:56 PM

Oh, my! I totally forgot the partial quilts I inherited when my SIL passed. I need to add at least one of those to my list just to honor her excellent piecing. Most aren't my colors - very pastel or horror - a blue and white Irish Chain. I like Irish Chains, but not blue.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:06 AM

Well, I got my Jan. UFO project sandwiched and am in the process of quilting it. It's a bit of a beast, but seems to be going pretty well. I want to have it finished by the end of the week. My reward will be starting a new project. I'm also planning on finishing up a WIP that I started in Dec.- not a UFO since I've been working on it all along, but I'm trying to keep it from becoming a UFO LOL!

Rob
Old 01-05-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
- not a UFO since I've been working on it all along, but I'm trying to keep it from becoming a UFO LOL!

Rob
. So proud of you!!! Lol...