Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 11-08-2021, 12:08 PM

I was so surprised, when I opened my mailbox today. It was like Christmas or my birthday all over again. What fun to dash into the sewing room and open envelopes and ooo and ahhh over new additions to my Christmas 2.5s. All were different! All made my eyes sparkle. What shall I make? A.checkerboard throw? Perhaps an oversized table runner? A holiday bed runner? Oh, I think I have it. I need a holiday quilt for my bathroom. Doesn't everyone decorate their bathroom for Christmas. I am seeing checkerboard on point something like that. Quick and something to show off these little charmers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The elves will be busy soon making a little Christmas something from you stash to mine.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:15 PM

Macybaby's envelopes arrived today. Thank you! They really brightened my day!

​​​​​
Old 11-09-2021, 03:10 PM

I am re-posting our November contest, in case you missed it. The stories that were posted aree precious and what fun each family has as they celebrate differently but yet the same. Share your stories and you too could be a Winner!

OK Birthday Swappers, no birthdays this month so how about a bit of Thanksgiving Trivia among our group.

Post your answers right on this thread by November 12, midnight. I will randomize the names, and someone who has shared a story will be a winner of a special treat that has a Thanksgiving focus.

1. What one food is a “must have” on your Thanksgiving table?
2. What is the one “most hated” dish on the Thanksgiving table that seems to appears every year?
3. Tell us a story of a Thanksgiving Oops! We have al had them.
4. In 25 words or less, just like those old cereal box contests, tell us what makes this holiday special to you and your family.
Hoping to hear some more Thanksgiving tales.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:05 AM

I mailed out my Christmas candies this morning and received an envelope from Barbarakibler23. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2021, 11:08 AM

I received my Christmas candies from WMUTeach and Ibex94. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2021, 04:01 PM

Received a package from NZquilter today- thanks much.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:30 PM

We've had yucky weather the past few days so I decided to make this wall quilt for Christmas. I separated the candies into vintage Christmas colors, bright Christmas Colors, and the winter blues. This was made with the more vintage colors of Cranberry red, dark green and gold. It finished at 4 feet square. I love the colors and I think it will hang in the Dining Room. Thanks everyone for the candies! (I have received them all)

My packages to you were all mailed on Wednesday and my daughter received her items from me on Friday so hopefully the Christmas Candies have also made their way quickly to you all!
Attached Thumbnails christmas-candies.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 04:35 PM

Well, the winner of the Thanksgiving contest is................Loveofquilts! (Listen to the bells, whistles, and see the confetti and streamers falling all over Loveofquilts).Yeah!

The Thanksgiving surprise should arrive in time for the big day. If you want to read her posting look for post 1040 on page 104. Funny and one we all dread or may have experienced too. OOPS.

Thank you every one who participated it was fun to read your stories. Here is a little Thanksgiving treat I saw on FB. It looks good enough to gobble, gobble, gobble, Turkey Snacks.
Attached Thumbnails turkey-snacks..jpg  
Old 11-14-2021, 03:42 PM

That is so festive and Christmassy, Irishmom! I love it.

WMUTeach, I think that fruit turkey is adorable! I might try something like that for Thanksgiving this year. I'm hosting and would like some fruit on hand for those of us, like me, who are trying to watch what we eat.

I thinking of making a Christmas Cathedral Windows quilt with the candies. It won't be done by this Christmas, but I will share how far I go.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:08 PM

Irishmom, can you share the source of your Christmas squares pattern? I certainly would work with any color way but Christmas deserves its own quilt. Wink,Wink,Wink!