Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 07-28-2021, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, WMUTeach, for running this swap so well, despite your busy schedule teaching, so we can all have a little fun. Bless you!
Old 07-28-2021, 08:18 AM

Owning a home in Memphis would make you closer to your daughter, right, SBG? I'm sure your hubby will be on board once the stress is down. Congrats on buying a new house, especially in this market!

I second the heartfelt thank you to WMUTeach!

My sister-in-law, my husband's sister, is expecting her third baby this October. I'm making her a small baby quilt with some candies in it. She is going through a hard ugly divorce. Unfortunately she married my brother, who turned out to be seriously abusive and manipulative. It's a long, sad story, but I will never support an abuser.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:18 PM

SewBizGirl - Congratulations on the new house!! It will be so nice to have a place near your family!

NZQuilter - I'm sure your SIL will love the quilt! Super nice thought. I wish you the best in your relationship with her and I'm sorry about your brother. What a sad and horrible thing to have happen in your family.

Everyone - thanks for the nice comments about the cake. WendyMcD - Congrats to your daughter! The wedding I went to served the guests homemade cookies that all the relatives made. My cake was just for pictures and the head table. It was three cakes - 12", 8" and 4". The 4" was served to the Bride and Groom. The 12" was cut for the bridesmaids and groomsmen with the rest cut in half and given to the brides and groom's mom to take. And the middle cake is for their one month anniversary. So I was lucky that I didn't have to make for 225 people!
Old 07-28-2021, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I'll be 10-15 minutes away from my kids and granddaughter! And they have been trying to have another baby. Sadly, she took the vaccine and then had two miscarriages in a row. I hope her body will heal and she will be able to have more children.

NZQuilter, what a sad situation in your family. So sorry your SIL will be having a baby alone. At least she has you and her good parents to support her. Hope she's out of the abusive situation. I know she will love her baby quilt!

While in Memphis I found a very quilt-worthy recipient! My daughter's new next door neighbor has been amazingly good to them, helping with everything on the house that they are doing. And I found out he loves scrappy quilts and doesn't have one!! Maybe the Jacob's Ladder should go to him? Yay, I've got a plan!
Old 07-28-2021, 04:54 PM

SBG, ten to fifteen minutes away from your granddaughter will be wonderful! She will love growing up so close to Grandma! I'm so sorry for your daughter's two consecutive miscarriages. I can't imagine that. I'll be praying for her. This vaccine seems to really mess up women's reproductive systems.

I love the idea of gifting a scrappy quilt to the neighbor.
​​​​​​
Old 07-29-2021, 03:22 AM

Hello. Is the birthday swap still going on in August. I have not received any notices.

hope all is well.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:55 AM

Cuppy, Bcause the August birthday, just one, is at the end of August, I did not post on the 20th and will so August 1st (Post 744) and a point of discussion for the past few days. I will return to the posting on the 20th of the month regardless of when the upcoming birthday pops up in the month.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:13 AM

The wheel is spinning, spinning, spinning, stopping.... and the winner... is Barbara! Yes, in deed, our past Birthday Swap leader gets to be the recipient of a prize! I will drop it in the mail ASAP.

The answers to the contest are:
1. My birthday is today. I played a DJ, a doctor, a mature older women and an alien. Who am I? Robin Williams
2. My birthday is today, too. I am a small town boy with friend, a badge but don’t let me have a gun, I would shoot myself. .A quote from me is.... “That's right, karate... made my whole body a weapon.” Who am I? Don Knotts
3. One more July 21 birthday. Morning was broken by a peace train that came out from under the moon shadows. Who am I? Cat Stevens
4. I was born just before the turn to the 19th to 20th century. I loved to travel and report the happenings of the world in short stories. I won a prize for a story about a graybeard and an ocean. Who am I? Ernest Hemingway.
5. Where were you, July 20, 1969 (I know I missed the day by one 24-hour period.) Tell your story. This was the day of the moon landing and for those old enough to remember, it was a pretty cool event. Some of you watched, one was reading Archie comic books and others were just too young to remember.

Watch for more contests in the future.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Congrats Barbara, on winning the contest! It was a fun one...

Old 08-01-2021, 02:15 PM

The messages with the August birthdays were sent out just a few minutes ago. If you did not get a message PM me and I will resend. Travelinggramma, you did not get one because.... you are our only birthday gal this month.