Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 02-07-2021, 05:36 PM

I prepped 22 envelopes today. Used many leftover jellyrolls along with other strips. Really cut down some of my pile in one draw!! Still have too many projects that I want to do - material and pattern all in one bag. But where to start!
Old 02-08-2021, 06:53 AM

February 8 Sign-up Update

NZQuilter - March
AHWU - April
Sewbizgirl - April
Macybaby - May
Irish Mom - May
Gaijin - May
Kele - June
Patrick's Mom - June
Crispy Frog - June
Hav4boys - July
travelinggranma - August
WMUTeach - September
Loveofquilts - September
Cuppy - October
BarbaraKibler23 - October
WendyMcD - October
aboring - January
Old 02-08-2021, 11:30 AM

Looks like we have a nice group! But I hope we get more people joining in. Anyone on the fence or lurking, hop on down and join us!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Power Poster

Yay... 17! One of my favorite numbers. Lets see if we can get a few more to join in the fun.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
February 8 Sign-up Update

NZQuilter - March
AHWU - April
Sewbizgirl - April
Macybaby - May
Irish Mom - May
Gaijin - May
Kele - June
Patrick's Mom - June
Crispy Frog - June
Hav4boys - July
travelinggranma - August
WMUTeach - September
Loveofquilts - September
Cuppy - October
BarbaraKibler23 - October
WendyMcD - October
aboring - January
Old 02-09-2021, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yay... 17! One of my favorite numbers. Lets see if we can get a few more to join in the fun.
It's one of my lucky numbers too!
Old 02-10-2021, 09:35 AM

I hope more sign up. Makes one wonder why the waning interest. When I first got interested, the swap filled up before I made up my mind, so I had to sit out. The first year I signed up, I think it was pretty close to full but not quite. Last year we had 24, and so far we're only at 17.

I decided to cut up all my 2.5 strips, and had enough for about 40 sets of 50 unique pieces. But then I decided to keep them as some had some fraying from being in a box with other strips for so long. And I realize I'm going to be using a lot of candies on the monthly challenge, so might as well keep those not as nice ones for me and then cut more. I'm going to tackle my "large scrap" totes and see about clearing them out. I consider a large scrap something bigger than about 5" square, but smaller than a fat eighth.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:33 AM

Default Scraps

I'm with Macybaby about the scrap organizing. I've been working on organizing all my scraps for almost a month now off and on. I have cut down all my under 4 inch scraps into various sizes suggested by Bonnie Hunter. I have cut all of my strips according to width. They are nicely labeled and boxed ready to go. I plan to make string blocks with some of them. I also organized all my yardage scraps from fat eights to right under a yard. I still have to reorganize all my yardage into colors, but we will get there... I have a crumb basket started. I've made the beginnings of some crumb blocks. This are pretty fun to do. I found all of my orphan blocks and they are all together in a couple bags waiting for integration into larger blocks. I have to go through that last stack of 4-5" to 9-10" scraps. I have been hesitating in case the nice lady that I can't remember her name in this group decides to do that 5" charm swap. It would be perfect for that. Then I have a stack of triangles... I should have sewn them 1/2 inch away from my flying geese blocks at the time, but I just learned about that. Oh well. I was thinking about using some as the corners of my string blocks. Sorry for the rambling, but have been putting a lot of time into this. Lol! Is anyone else organizing their scraps? If so, hope are you doing it? I was reading all kinds of different ways on the internet.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:26 AM

Love, you are on an amazing journey of organization! It will be so nice for you to be able to just dip into what ever size you need and Taa Daa, there it is all ready and waiting for you.

I am still cutting from my scrap bin. Down to about 1/4 of the bin left! Success but not finished yet. Cutting lots of 2.5s because I will be using them in the Debby Brown monthly project but I also have ideas to post for this group too. I also have been cutting "bricks" and want to just make donation quilts with them.

I am disappointed about the number of folks wanting to join in our fun too. I have mentioned it in other postings and no new participants. In the end, we will all use what we have cut in other ways, but still have my fingers crossed hoping to reach 20.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

I made 36 sets... so boo hoo. I will use them, one way or another. I make lots of scrappy quilts myself.

Just bought 3 cute Birthday cards today, so I have 3 more all ready to go.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:08 PM

Thanks WMUTeach! I am liking it already. It is nice to be able to get what you need when you need it. I have been cutting bricks as well. It said you could make flying geese as well with them with the squares I have been cutting.

Not sure on why more people aren't joining. I am very happy to have found this forum. I have been using it a lot to help me on other quilt problems. I ripped out 6 lines of quilting the other night because the t-shirts moved as I was quilting it, even though I had it pin basted. I re-basted it to death and re-quilted. It looks so much better. I wasn't going to rip it out until I read a bunch of posts about making it right or you will never be happy with it. Now that I took the time to rip it, I agree with them.