Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-21-2021, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I saw this photo on facebook - was posted and made by a Corina Coombs. Wow is all I can say
GORGEOUS!!! Look at all those candies hidden in the background... Thank you for posting this!
Old 08-21-2021, 08:53 AM

I spoke with my Dad last night on the phone. The cancer has spread to his liver now and all through his bloodstream. His stomach is all swollen with fluids that his liver can't process now. He's sounds at peace and very positive, which is really inspiring. He can't really read anymore, with the pain medication giving him double vision, but he has been listening to a lot of uplifting audio books and sermons on YouTube, so he is getting himself ready to meet God. I cried when I got off the phone. I made a point to tell that I love him. My family has never been good at saying "I love you." but I wanted him to hear it.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Mailed all Sept. birthday candy today! YAY!
Old 08-21-2021, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

So sorry, NZ, that your Dad's prognosis isn't better. It's wonderful that he is getting himself ready to go home to the Lord. Sounds like you had a good and positive phone call with him. I'm happy you made a point to tell him you love him.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:19 AM

NZ - my prayers are with you and your family. Being at peace with a parents passing is as important as the parents peace. It is one of the things I treasure from last year is that my mom and I talked openly about it and even who she was most excited in seeing!
Old 08-22-2021, 03:02 PM

NZ -- I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers to all of you.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:27 PM

On of my better memories of my father's last days was the sweet whispered conversation between my brother, myself and our father. We told him we loved him and wanted him to know it was OK to relax and let go of the fight. We would we, brother and I, would take care of each other. He did relax and he slept. We had several more days with him but we and he were at peace. I will commit to praying for you and your father and family, NZ
Old 08-22-2021, 07:01 PM

Sewbizgirl I am very sorry that he is continuing to deteriorate. You and your family are in my prayers. I am glad that he is at peace with it all, not sure I could do that... As they say, this too shall pass. Be easy with yourself.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post
Sewbizgirl I am very sorry that he is continuing to deteriorate. You and your family are in my prayers. I am glad that he is at peace with it all, not sure I could do that... As they say, this too shall pass. Be easy with yourself.
It's NZQuilter's Dad we have been talking about, tho I'm sure she will appreciate your sentiment. (My Dad passed in 2003 and I miss him!)
Old 08-23-2021, 07:06 AM

NZQuilter - Prayers for continued strength during this time. I am so glad for you that you are able to spend time with him.