Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Need help with Toaster Oven >

Need help with Toaster Oven

Need help with Toaster Oven

Old 04-09-2021, 06:47 PM

I haven’t turned on my regular oven for several years. In fact, it stores my larger pans, etc. I use my toaster/convection oven for baking everything, there are lots and lots of tips on Pinterest about what to do and not to do. Personally I would butter my toast after toasting and then sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar - I’ve always done it that way anyway. The only thung I goofed up was the temperature - I found out that I need to turn down the regular temp about 25 degrees or so. It’s so much easier to add a little more time if not quite done than to have something over-cooked. I love those cinnamon rolls in a can but I used the temp in the can and they were really, really well done in the bottom - I ate them>anyway!!!!!!

You should have received a booklet in care, etc.- nit sure why you didn’t, but you might try googling the brand asking for a manual. But I think Pinterest will give you all the info you need and want. These better toaster ovens are great. The convection is great, too but not sure if you have that in yours,

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 04-09-2021, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
I haven’t turned on my regular oven for several years. In fact, it stores my larger pans, etc. I use my toaster/convection oven for baking everything, there are lots and lots of tips on Pinterest about what to do and not to do. Personally I would butter my toast after toasting and then sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar - I’ve always done it that way anyway. The only thung I goofed up was the temperature - I found out that I need to turn down the regular temp about 25 degrees or so. It’s so much easier to add a little more time if not quite done than to have something over-cooked. I love those cinnamon rolls in a can but I used the temp in the can and they were really, really well done in the bottom - I ate them>anyway!!!!!!

You should have received a booklet in care, etc.- nit sure why you didn’t, but you might try googling the brand asking for a manual. But I think Pinterest will give you all the info you need and want. These better toaster ovens are great. The convection is great, too but not sure if you have that in yours,

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
I did get a small booklet that tells how to operate the T/O but it was minimal to say the least. Mine does not have the convection oven feature. It seems to be very limited as to what it can do. That being said, so far we like it but not sure how much we will use it.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:55 PM

I use my toaster oven much more than my regular oven. I can fit a 9" x 12" pan in mine.

I like to roast vegetables in it almost every night. I spray the bottom and sides of the pan with an oil spray. I dump a package of frozen vegetables in the pan and spray them with olive oil. I put the pan in the preheated 400-degree toaster oven for about 35 minutes (depending on the vegetable). I'll turn the vegetables over when there is 15 more minutes to cook. Roasted vegetables have a delicious caramelized exterior while the inside is cooked through. When finished, I salt the vegetables and serve.

p.s. You can give your toaster away. The toaster oven makes great toast.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:22 AM

I make baked potatoes. I also bake cakes in 9 inch pan. Great for baking a couple of cookies from Papa Murphy's Pizza dough.

As there are only 2 of us, I also heat frozen dinners, chicken, etc. Great in the summer instead of heating big oven.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:22 AM

Like several who have responded I am a singleton too and do a lot of my "baking" in the toaster oven. If you have the bake/broil and toast options you can do fish, garlic bread, oven french fries, baked potatoes (white and sweet) scalloped potatoes, lasagna, good old basic toast .... well almost anything you can do in an oven. I use it more than my microwave. Enjoy the adventure of your new kitchen "toy".

I am laughing. I mentioned the word toaster in my message above and guess what is now in my pop-up adds. Boy are these folks quick.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:48 AM

I use mine for baking cookies from frozen dough, frozen pizza, frozen hash browns, frozen french fries. I make muffins, and brownies. I bought a small pan for baking the brownies, I make them from a box and make two batches and freeze one for later. I bought a 6 muffin pan and it's amazing what you use it for. I also make open face tuna melts in it. toast the bread first, take it out and pile on the tuna, tomatoes, cheese and put it back in. I make toast in it with no butter, when it's almost done I butter the toast and put cinnamon and sugar on it and put it back in. Think about all the things you use your oven for, get creative and try some things in the toaster oven, you'll be surprised how much you can do with it.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
... would make my morning cinnamon toast in it but instructions say not to put butter on toast before using the oven. Why is that? Will it go up in flame if I butter my toast, then put my cinnamon & sugar on?
Any help will be appreciated.
"as they can ignite and cause a fire: paper, plastic, cardboard, taco shells, tostada shells, tortilla chips, buttered bread or bread with jam. Raw fish or meat should always be wrapped in foil."
I was disappointed that I couldn't put taco shells in a toaster oven. I know sometimes when I heat some things in the microwave that it will "pop" and if that "pop" were to hit a heating element, it would ignite.

It looks like there are a lot of toaster oven recipes at http://tastyquery.com/recipes-for/fe...s-toaster-oven but it looks like you have to join to save recipes. It looks like some of them are complete, some are for convection.

Another - https://eatmovemake.com/pepper-steak-pot-pie/ I got it by putting "Panasonic FlashXpress" recipes -pinterestinto a google search.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-10-2021, 06:30 AM

Our toaster oven is constantly in use. I use it of almost anything that will go in an oven--in smaller portions.

But if you want a nice crisp crust on left over pizza, microwave it for about 1/2 the time needed to get it hot. Then put it in a frying pan over low heat, cover and leave for about 5 minutes. The toppings get hot, the crust gets crisped up, and the lid keeps everything from drying out.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:48 AM

yes I looked at that oven online and thought i'd found the manual. not!! just goes on saying the few things already mentioned on the sale page and the rest is repeated in other languages. find a young person to help you. they seem to be able to figure out things for themselves and that is the age group everyone sells to these days. fix it yourself is their motto. shame but true.
Oh my son is going shopping for one today, cheaper. he is such a cheapskate. but i like electronics to be good electronics. oh well. at least i will have a toaster oven. time will tell if i love it.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

The one I have is the Oster,.. It has a bake, broil, toast, warm, and turbo settings. It's small but has a curved back that holds bigger pans then it looks. The temp stays constant and everything bakes evenly. Stainless. I bought it to fit my counter and look nice too, just to oven bake chicken nuggets for the grands and was surprised at how well it does bake food. It's easy to clean too another big factor for me. I paid $30 for it a few years ago and now they are about $45.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oster-Des...7&gclsrc=3p.ds