Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 07-08-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Those were who I thought, too. I'm leaning toward Martin Van Buren - https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-ma...135041044.html

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Ok, I'm super embarassed I didn't recognize Nixon! Duh! Van Buren? Sounds good to me. I think the next block I'll do all "unknowns".... Ibex, didn't you say the purpose of this quilt was to teach history???
Old 07-08-2021, 03:59 PM

HAV and Nelco great quilts, they are both very inviting

Jayne it’s fascinating seeing the block in different color combinations, they don’t even look like the same block.

We have finished all the recommendations the stager suggested. Just have to clear all the painting paraphernalia out of the kitchen and some odds and ends. Lots of odds and end, we think 2 more long days and we will be finished Everything will be out of house and he majority of our belongings are in storage but still a few more trips to go. When it’s time to move from storage we will be hiring movers like you Janice.

Good luck Janice
Old 07-08-2021, 04:45 PM

Terriamn, good luck with those finishing touches. We’re looking at closing the NC house in 2 weeks, moving to NC in 3 weeks, painting and new floors in GA after we move out then putting it on the market in about 4 weeks. This is a time schedule that freaks me out BC there’s sooo much to do. We’re not moving most of our furniture (it won’t fit) so I’ve got to line up donations right before the move. DH said I seemed stressed this evening. No kidding! Lol.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:16 PM

Good luck to all you ladies packing and moving! I'm just packing a car to visit my mom and it's feels like a lot of work mainly because we've been 'nesting' here for 1 1/2 years! My son is counting the days until we see Grandma!
Old 07-09-2021, 02:42 PM

The weekend is almost here. Hope you all have something nice planned. I’ll be packing some more boxes. Yay, me! I think I’ll turn the volume up on some old movies as I pack away some China and knickknacks in the other room. Dh and I got real with some of our collections and let a lot of items go. It was hard at first but got easier.

Have a terrific weekend!
Old 07-10-2021, 02:06 AM

We placed an offer on the house we saw yesterday. It’s in the perfect location and a very nice house but there is no feeling of I love this. Maybe it’s protection in case our offer isn’t accepted, who knows. All offers will be reviewed Sunday night after 5. Hope to find out by Monday morning, the best thing is it’s move in ready and I will have a lovely sewing room with a large window.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:57 AM

Terriamn, I’m sure you’re right about that self-protection feeling. We had that before our offer, we liked the house but I didn’t love it, but now I’m loving it. I’m imagining where everything will go and I keep looking at the pictures. I’m wishing you great amounts of good luck and hope you get it. Fingers and toes are crossed!
Old 07-10-2021, 09:01 AM

Good luck with all the moves.

I am in Omaha. These twins are more than twice as difficult as one baby. But twice as cute too.

Here’s our life right now. Three full dishwashers a day. Pots and pans. Sterilize via microwave 24 bottles and paraphernalia and 8 sets of pump pieces. Cooking one or two meals with older kids help. Making freezer meals. Make veggie trays each day.

Take older kids for outing My husband has them out traipsing through Fontinelle forest for a few hours. Yesterday we went to the pool. SIL working so I stayed home

put together cribs, fold laundry.

hold babies (not to onerous) Only parents feed babies due to feeding tube.

unfortunately parents don’t allow kids photos to be posted.

Big big storm last night 1/3 Omaha power out, lots of roads blocked with downed trees. First time I’ve ever seen so much lightning without thunder. DH and DGS started clearing the branches from the yard.

Off to take a nap.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:14 PM

Mjp, good heavens, makes my day look like a picnic! No more complaints from me. It’s so much work for you all but it sounds like having them home to love and snuggle is worth these hard times. Your daughter and her family must be thrilled to have you there helping. 💜
Old 07-10-2021, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

MJP, what a big help you are to the family and new babies. I can't imagine the amount of work that two babies at once must be. But soon the tubes will be gone as they grow, grow, grow. I know you will enjoy your time with your grands.

Terri, I hope you get the house you want. I put great offers, well above asking price, on 5 houses in Memphis and missed every one! Still haven't snagged one.

Janice, if you want the motivation to get rid of clutter before you move, try watching Hoarders. I've been binge watching it and have cleared a bunch of stuff out of our basement, LOL!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and getting those last blocks made. Can't wait to see some more!