Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-11-2021, 09:57 AM

Woodland: Great job! Love the way you units look.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:32 PM

Well, I am playing catch up already - both with clues and with everyone's posts.

We are at our vacation home in FL; the plan was that DH would drive down with me, stay for a couple of weeks, and go back to NY until mid-January, when he would fly back to FL, spend a week here, then we would drive back to NY. I brought my sewing machine and fabric with me. Doing the mystery away from home was part of the reason I decided to go with just one fabric for each color; only neutrals will be scrappy.

Clue one was underway when DH was admitted to the hospital for what turned out to be kidney stones. Over the course of 9 days, he was released 2x and back in the hospital in under 12 hours both times. I cannot believe they kept him there this long. With a plan for retrieval to be done on Thursday, he finally passed 2 stones early that morning and was "home" by noon. He is quickly getting back to normal now, having gotten quite puffy from all of the IV fluids and decreased kidney function. His flight to NY was rescheduled from 12/4 to 12/16.

Tomorrow i will cut my FG and will get those sewn over the next few days. With an easy 3rd clue, I am hopeful to be caught up when Clue 4 comes out. Although I suggested that I go back with him now, he's insisting there is no reason and that he's fine. I have never been a winter enthusiast, so will be happy to avoid at least some of it.

Having made several hundred FG for Talkin' Turkey, I am confident that I will use the 4 at a time method. It worked really well for me when I did TT and with quite a few needed, I'm just going to stick with that.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:01 PM

peaceandjoy, so glad to hear that DH got through that crisis and is back on track!

Now I'm going to look up Talkin' Turkey, LOL.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:20 PM

Loved seeing everyone's geese - your progress and pictures are an inspiration to keep going. Peaceandjoy - glad your DH is better and up to flying this week. Florida can be really nice during the winter months.

I've finished clues 1 and 2. It's gong to be a busy week so I'm glad clue 3 is pretty easy. Will hopefully do the cutting tonight and sewing one day next week.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:45 PM

I love all the pictures! Well I am done with clue three and appear to have done it wrong. My groups of four are identical. I’m not going to fix them at this point. My backgrounds are all cream on cream so fingers crossed it won’t matter much. I thought it was strange but lost the print out I had done so went with a quick read of the directions. I should know better!
Old 12-11-2021, 08:44 PM

Mumto2 - I did all the groups of four identical too. I am not done yet, but I am not doing the ones I have done over either. Oh well!
Old 12-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Mum and Jeanie- I don't think that'll matter at all since they're neutrals.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:33 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I had to reread the directions several times as well I finally looked at the pictures and went with how they looked. Look at your “mistakes” as design elements!
Old 12-12-2021, 07:09 AM

Default extras

I noticed as I get to the end of the strip set I'm left with a bit extra at the end and have been able to use for the extra neutrals. Glad to be putting them to good use.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:44 AM

Love hearing the progress and reports from all! I had a pretty lazy day yesterday and didn't accomplish much of anything other than some tv watching...

From Friday, I've got my white triangles cut and today will start putting the units together. Still need to cut my squares for this clue too.

For those dealing with multiple neutrals, I think it will be fine if your sets of 4 are identical.