Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What’s on your Christmas List? >
  • What’s on your Christmas List?

• What’s on your Christmas List?

Old 12-08-2021, 03:19 PM
    Power Poster

sewingitalltogether, I LOVE the Martha Washington cabinet! What a treasure to find.
    Old 12-09-2021, 09:55 AM
    Power Poster

Hubby got a bee in his bonnet this year and bought me a new bernina crystal edition 790e and a laptop. I couldn't believe what all came with it. Five huge boxes of goodies. So much fun to unpack it all. I am flabbergasted. Now I just want some sweat sets and cozy socks to sew in.
    I have all my wrapping finished, the decorating done and went to a christmas gala for hubby's charity event, The diabetes chapter for children. I haven't dressed up formal in years. That was fun. A fairytale christmas already. I would love to hear Mesiah at the local university, but, that is not going to happen. Maybe I will find a recording to order of it on-line.
    Old 12-09-2021, 03:45 PM
    Power Poster

What I really would like for Christmas would be for my daughter and SIL to get over being mad at me and let me see and spend time with my granddaughter. She's been weaponized, unfortunately. Makes me sad as I can be.

Parents who use children to get back at family members are loathsome. It's not fair to the child and I think a horrible kind of mental abuse. Seems you SIL would have the decency to speak up about this but he is either scared of his wife or just as hateful as her. I can only imagine what the child is learning from all this. I know it hurts you to the core.
    Old 12-09-2021, 04:28 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Susie, I bought the book All The Songs, about all of the Beach Boys music. I was dying to know who sang which parts, played which instruments, etc. So much great background info in there! I splurged and bought it for myself several months ago.

As for Christmas gifts, there isn't anything I really want. I bought a couple of things for myself on Black Friday and Cyber Monday... some Bombas socks and some Accuquilt dies. That's my Christmas!

What I really would like for Christmas would be for my daughter and SIL to get over being mad at me and let me see and spend time with my granddaughter. She's been weaponized, unfortunately. Makes me sad as I can be.
    Ohhh I need that book too! Thanks for telling me about it. I've been reading a lot of rock memoirs the last few years and I read the one by Mike Love, also Brian Wilson penned one called I Am Brian Wilson. That one was good/sad.

Really sorry about your situation and hope it improves. Thanks again for the heads up on the book.
    Old 12-09-2021, 07:37 PM

I never thought I’d have to put this on a wish list but all I want is for our grandson’s crazy wife to back off and let their 2 adorable children see their Grandparents (our daughter & our son in law). It’s their only grandchildren and they love them so much. Grandson & the crazy one don’t talk to us either but so be it, just let our DD and SIL see them. It’s so sad and if it got resolved today, they’d never gain those days back. Narcissistic people are impossible.

Old 12-09-2021, 10:09 PM
    Power Poster

Seems there is more than enough sorrow going around... hope the situations improve for all of us. Thank you all for your commiseration!
    Old 12-10-2021, 05:12 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by tallchick
    I always enjoy seeing what everyone else wants in case I learn of some new fancy schmancy quilting gizmo that I must have.

My Christmas gift to myself was a snow blower, totally not quilting related, but it will make snow removal much faster!
    In a way it does relate to quilting. You can get out of the driveway to get to the fabric shop!
    Old 12-10-2021, 06:06 AM

Really dont need anything. When my kids ask i tell them all i want is a dinner together. They make it happen.
    Old 12-10-2021, 08:14 AM

I do not need anything quilting so I have added to my B&D tools. I now have a pole-saw and a 12" chain saw for the farm trimming. They have joined the drill, saws-all, weed trimmer and circular saw. I think I am all set to get things done.
    I am trying to use up my stash and make things for charity.
    Old 12-11-2021, 05:07 AM

Well, my FOOD SAVER machine up and blew a gasket or something, so while I was out grocery shopping I bought another one at Walmart. Then husband sent a text that he ordered one online. Asked him to please cancel it, told him all I wanted was a couple large bags of wild bird seed for my 5 feeders. Later that evening while watching the TV there was a commercial for an Airfryer,, before I could say anything he said he ordered me one for Christmas. Still not sure if I really wanted one or not. He did go out yesterday and get me 3 large bags of birdseed. So, I'm feeding the birds for a couple of months!