Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 12-23-2022, 08:32 AM

I like all the Christmas tree options, , Ibex94, but the first one stands out to me because of the candies being on point. I love the snow flake quilt too! It's one on my bucket list!

Jennr8r, MSQC has quite a few patterns that would work for candies. I have a subscription to their Block magazine and there is always at least one pattern that I bookmark for candy use.

Still no twins arrival, but I am hoping very soon! The good news is, Baby A, though breeched, buoyed up into my ribs, making room for Baby B to slide down, head down, into position. My doctor said if they both stay like this she will let me try a "normal" delivery! Hopefully this isn't too much TMI, but I am excited. I really don't want a C-section delivery if possible.

Everyone stay warm in this cold weather! And Merry Christmas!!!
​​​​​​
Old 12-23-2022, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

NZQ, hoping you can have a normal birth!

Jenn, thanks for the links to MSQC.
Old 12-23-2022, 03:59 PM

NZ! I was hoping the babies were waiting until after Christmas like you wanted. It sounds like they are lining up and ready to come into the world. What lucky babies to have you as their mom! I bet you have made tons of quilts for them already :-) .
Old 12-23-2022, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post

Wonderful! Thank you Jennr8r!! That is good to know about the magazine, too, NZ. It is time for me to check them out.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:59 AM

The last of my stitching was finished last evening, labels on two quilts. Now today is a day of adjusting plans because of weather and baking accordingly. But I wanted to start my day off with sending you my holiday wishes. .

Merry Christmas to you from ZuZu and me. Enjoy this time of celebration of the birth of Christ, family and those special moments that will make memories for our future.
Attached Thumbnails 20221210-zuzu-christmas-greeting.-ii-jpg.jpg  
Old 12-24-2022, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Merry Christmas to you and Zuzu, and to all who are reading. I got to Memphis yesterday and the city is covered by snow and ice. Now the power is out too, and some of our water pipes are frozen. Not the Christmas I planned, ha ha.
Old 12-24-2022, 02:28 PM

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
It has been an exhausting year with two ailing elders in our family. We are getting better at dealing with all the emergencies and have found some consistent help. I am looking forward to some sort of normal for next year.
I have enjoyed receiving the Birthday Candies from all of you, but always looking forward to sending one out too. I am skipping next year's BIrthday Swaps because 1. I have not been able to keep up with the online blogs and 2. by now, I think most of you already have all the fabric I have and I can't see myself buying any more fabric when I have not got much sawing done.

Have a wonderful Holiday! I will be checking up on next year's blog!
Old 12-24-2022, 02:59 PM

Merry Christmas one and all!

Ahwu -- I hear you! Get that fabric used up so you can join us in 2024! IN the meantime, I hope that the caring of the elders goes better now that routines are getting put in place. Sharing the love and laughing through the oopsies that accompany the aging process will help you cause it is all we can really do!

Sewbizgirl, I am glad you made it to Memphis safely. Frozen pipes -- ich! I hope they thaw out without giving you problems along the way. Good thing you are there to take care of any gushers! Be safe up there! Memphis is cold!

WMUTeach -- love the tree and kitty! That is a great photo! Patrice said all is fine with what I have done. The Album with candy ideas will be built slowly over time. I was looking at some of the past birthday swap forums. Wow! Lots of productivity in the group. The Candy album will never be done, lol.

NZ -- did you end up with Christmas babies? We will all find out soon.

Old 12-31-2022, 02:02 PM

Well I got some Marti Michel templates from a swapper and wanted to try them out, so I made this Star and I used some of my birthday candies to make it!

Old 01-01-2023, 03:51 PM

Yeah, you! Logcabin82, you are a Wonder Woman! So many finishes and such an adventurer.

Today is officially the end of this swapping year, I will check in from time to time as messages appear. Most of you will be transitioning over to the 2023 Birthday Swap Thread. For those who chose to take a year away, lurk and pop in to the 2023 Swap now and again. It is always good to heard from old friends.

Any yes, we are all anxious to hear about the twins. But not as anxious as NZ, dad and the siblings, I bet. We will be patient quilty godparents and aunties.

Thank you for a marvelous and productive year of swapping, creating warmth and bringing joy and smiles to others by creatively using the little squares we have collected all year.