Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 06-23-2022, 06:10 AM

dscf3707.jpg2004-birthday-swap.jpgdscf4049.jpgThe first quilt is a paper pieced, which is hq'd except for the border. The 2nd if made from the candies of the 1st birthday swap i ever did (2004 I believe) The 3rd is what I'm working on now. Im hq'ng it. This poor quilt, i started in probably 5 years ago, put it aside, and unfortunately when I start to hand quilt it i have to take it down from the frame to store when the grand kids come over. It is in a small bedroom which is where lots of their toys are. So out of sight out of mind. But this year I'm determined to try to get it all done.
Attached Files
File Type: html
charlotte's.html (466.5 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Love those quilts, Ganny! I made one just like your middle one right after my first birthday swap. Hubby's uncle came to visit and admired my quilts. I told him he could have which ever one he wanted and he took that one!
Old 06-24-2022, 04:34 PM

Default Great minds quilt alike!

Ah, the ever popular Arkansas Crossroads and variations. That was one of my first Birthday Swap Quilts too. I made it during a snowstorm when all of the roads were closed and there was no school. Didn't take the photo until the following fall. OOPS!

Attached Thumbnails 2014-birthday-swap-quilt-resized.jpg  
Old 06-24-2022, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Looks great, WMUTeach.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:59 AM

Default Valentine Candy Squared

I made another version of my ever popular quilt, Valentine Candy from 2017. Unfortunately, I intended to make it into a rectangle like the original, but I made a mistake, and it turned out square! Doh! Valentine Candy Squared it is.
Attached Thumbnails valentine-candy-squared.jpg   quilting.jpg  
Old 06-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

So cute, Jenn.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:02 PM

I love it squared, Jenn. Your quilting skills are outstanding! Wow!
Old 06-26-2022, 02:49 PM

Wowza! You all are awesome piecers and quilters! I hope to join the ranks of people who actually finish their quilts one day, lol.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:33 PM

ibex 94, you are not alone. I just did a count of unfinished tops that are in line for quilting and the number is .......10. Then let's not count the number in progress. I love making the tops. Quilting, not so much. I think I need to take a month off to just finish the tops I have already made. It will be painful to not be playing with my fabric and making more but this is really getting out of hand. I tried to finish one quilt and one UFO each month but its not working very well. The unfinished quilt pile is growing faster every month.

Hold me to this "quilty" friends! "I do solemnly swear to not make any new quilts tops in the month of July and devote my quilting time to finishing what is in the pile of finished tops." Let's see if this is enough motivation to move some tops to the finished pile and then into the Project Linus bin.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post

Hold me to this "quilty" friends! "I do solemnly swear to not make any new quilts tops in the month of July and devote my quilting time to finishing what is in the pile of finished tops." Let's see if this is enough motivation to move some tops to the finished pile and then into the Project Linus bin.
Ok, which one are you going to quilt first?