Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 09-24-2022, 06:39 PM

Another birthday card was in the mailbox today. You gals are fast! Thank you travelinggramma!
Attached Thumbnails candies.jpg  
Old 09-24-2022, 06:52 PM

I do love the placemat log cabin. Great use of candies!

Happy birthday gannyrosie! 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊 Hope you had a very enjoyable day and had fun opening up all those candies🍬 🍭!

I wanted to thank all of you lovely ladies for all my beautiful candies this year. The extra goodies were very sweet and quite unexpected. There was such a variation of fabrics, it was kinda unreal. I love all of them and I have no idea what to do with them at the moment. I'm learning to like things I didn't before and slowly move out of my comfort zone. I guess I'm growing as a quilter or maybe I'm just having too many hot flashes. Lol! Inspiration will hit me though. Maybe I'm saving up to make a king sized charm quilt for the bed, totally scrappy.... that's always a great idea. I'll put it up there with all the other great ideas. Hehehe...

I wanted to start cutting for the Xmas swap, my friends keep giving me Xmas scraps perfect to share and have that variation you were telling us about. I think placemats or pot holders on Xmas fabric would go over great! I just didn't know how many to cut or how many envelopes to make. Please help!
Old 09-24-2022, 06:55 PM

JENNR8R, candies were mailed today and should arrive later next week. Happy Birthday!
Old 09-24-2022, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post

I wanted to start cutting for the Xmas swap, my friends keep giving me Xmas scraps perfect to share and have that variation you were telling us about. I think placemats or pot holders on Xmas fabric would go over great! I just didn't know how many to cut or how many envelopes to make. Please help!
Me too! I'd like to get started. Macybaby, won't you come back and tell us how you want the swap set up? Let's do it!
Old 09-25-2022, 03:51 AM

I just sent Macybaby a PM to let her know the group is anxious to get started on the Christmas/Winter side swap. I looks like we have a nice sized group of participants this year. I started cutting yesterday only because I am making some Christmas gifts and had my hands were in the scraps already.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:37 PM

Sorry I've not posted about this earlier - just had a lot of other stuff to get wrapped up.

For all those interested in a Christmas/Winter fabric swap -

We can do 50 candies, with at least 25 different fabrics. Please send my a PM with your address and how may sets you are willing to swap. I'll match up people and then send addresses of who you will be mailing to. If you want to wait to start cutting until you know how many people are interested, that works too.

Let me know if a deadline of October 31st for mailing will work for everyone,
Old 09-26-2022, 03:59 AM

Macybaby, just for clarity is October 31 the deadline to mailing the Christmas/winter swap to our swap partner(s) or the deadline of getting the names?
Old 09-26-2022, 10:41 AM

I hope everyone who had birthdays had a great birthday.

I sent out my last BD candy pack today.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:56 AM

My Birthday envelope is going out today.

Heading out of town this evening for a very sad funeral - a little 17 month old. Please keep me (and the family) in your thoughts and prayers - this is going to be rough.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:13 PM

IrishMom -- Hugs and prayers to all who are grieving. I am glad you are able to be with everyone to help one another through this.