Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 09-26-2022, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Irishmom, so sorry to hear this! My condolences to the family and friends of the baby.

I mailed JennR8R's birthday card today.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:56 PM

That is always so hard, Irishmom! Praying for you and the family. Last year one of my cousins lost her two month old baby. Those baby funerals are the hardest! Both her baby and my baby were the same age and she started crying when she saw me holding my little one. It was heartbreaking!

I feel like my life has changed so much since the announcement of twins soon. Hubby and I have decided to give homeschooling a break for a year or two and enroll the kids in the small public school here in town. Both he and I have both always wanted to homeschool, and decided on it before we were even engaged! But the reality is that I won't be able to once the babies arrive. This feels like a huge life changing decision! But I see so many benefits, I think the girls will do wonderfully. We visited the school today and I loved how bright and cheerful the classrooms are and how motherly the younger grade teachers are. The classes are small, like about 12 children per classroom. The teachers will be able to teach so much more than I will be able to when I'm looking after six children, ages six and under at home!

Old 09-26-2022, 05:41 PM

NZ, you have done your due diligence and investigated the school for your older children. Not only that, you have prepared them to this point and you will continue to pour into them the really important things about kindness, family, determination, persistence and faith.. Is home school perfect? Is public school perfect? Is private or faith based school perfect? No, but you can find good in each of the choices A an educator, the parents who parent are the ones who have happy, enthusiastic and successful children that we like to spend our day with. I have worked in private schools, faith based schools, public schools and worked with home school families as a consultant. Three cheers to you for thinking ahead and taking care of yourself by lightening your load for a span of time. As you said, you can return to home schooling when it is right for you and for your children.

IrishMom, it is so difficult to have a child pass away. My sympathies and a very sad heart are with the family and you. Perhaps as you draw near to each other you can be comforted and give comfort as well. With a young child, we tend to ask "WHY?" more that if it is a person who has lived life for a span of time. There is no reasonable answer and it just hurts so much. The family considers the dreams and potential that they all saw for the future of this little one. I will be thinking of you and adding my prayers for peace and comfort for all.

I spent the afternoon cutting my Christmas and winter squares. Am I ready? Oh, yes I am!! I love Christmas and preparing for it is most fun of all.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:27 PM

Irishmom you and the family are most certainly in my prayers. I'm sorry it will be hard. WMUTeach is right it hurts more because they had a life to live that was taken for whatever reason, it's just not right.

NZ, I'm proud of you for knowing there's just not enough of you to go around and seeking the school to help. Like it was previously stated no education system is perfect, but you can supplement if you find they need it. I'm excited for you and the twins. It will all work out in the wash, you just have to be patient enough for it to happen. That's the hard part. Prayers to you and your family are going up as well.

Fall is here, I am complete! Ahhhhh...
Old 09-26-2022, 09:43 PM
Power Poster

NZ, you made a good decision re: your family, and having the plans set this far before the twins arrive will give you much peace of mind. I admire you for knowing your limits!

I was so concerned about my GD going into preschool at age 2 just so her momma could keep working. But her school has been great and she has really thrived. You are right about how wonderful those classrooms are, with all the bright color and activities. And good teachers are worth their weight in gold! So your girls will have something fun and new to look forward to. Hooray!
Old 09-27-2022, 05:56 AM

For the Winter/Christmas swap, these are the people that are signed up so far
ibex94
happylab
WMUTeach
logcabin82
sewbizgirl
macybaby

If there is anyone else interested, please send me a PM. let me know how many sets you want to swap. Each set will be 50 candies, with no more than 2 of each fabric (so you need at least 25 unique fabrics )

Some participants want to swap one set to each member (so right now that would be 5 sets to swap) and some only want to swap 3 sets, and some want to swap more (so they will get some duplicate sets). I personally am fine getting some duplicate sets, as that still gives me more variety than not swapping.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:36 AM

[QUOTEHeading out of town this evening for a very sad funeral - a little 17 month old. Please keep me (and the family) in your thoughts and prayers - this is going to be rough.[/QUOTE]

IrishMom... I have no idea how anyone will manage to get through that baby's funeral. I pray that everyone will be able to take strength and comfort from each other. So sad...

I received birthday envelopes from Logcabin82, Loveofquilts, and WMUTeach yesterday and today. Thank you ladies. The envelopes look so enticing!
Attached Thumbnails candies.jpg  
Old 09-27-2022, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Macybaby-- I would be happy to "up" my number of swap sets from 3 to 5 if that would help everyone in the swap get a set from me. Go ahead and change my sets to 5. Thanks a bunch! Will start cutting the additional....
Old 09-27-2022, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Macybaby-- I would be happy to "up" my number of swap sets from 3 to 5 if that would help everyone in the swap get a set from me. Go ahead and change my sets to 5. Thanks a bunch! Will start cutting the additional....
Ditto, to what Sewbizgirl said. I can make 5 sets easily, four are done already and I cut extra. It will make it easier for you if we all do the same thing. I can only imagine the juggling that would need to be done if some swapped one amount and others another amount. So change my number to 5 also.

I know that there were more that indicated interest. Not everyone checks in each day, so they may not be aware yet that they need to PM information to you.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:38 AM

Sorry I've been late to the game, but it's been a very exciting trip. My youngest daughter scheduled this trip around my birthday which I questioned cause she would have to take kids out of school. Well now I know why, she was in cahoots with my oldest. Surprised can't describe the feeling when my oldest showed up. I haven't seen her in 4 years and to say I screamed, cried and hugged her so tight I didn't want to let her go. Wow what a Birthday surprise. We enjoyed 7 days together and yesterday I had to put her back on a plane to her home in Massachusetts. Still getting over the shock.
we opened all the cards and candies yesterday together and each one was unique and lovely.

macybaby I'll pm you about the xmas swap.
Irish mom, my sympathy on you loss, wow I can only imagine the pain of loosing a child. My aunt who lost her 2 sons told me once, its a loss you never get over, just through it.
we're finally enjoying a little touch of fall weather here down south, though I'm sure it won't last long.
​​​​​​