Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 01-17-2022, 04:45 PM

Welcome Happylab.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:18 PM

Our MacyBaby is back! I just added her to the my "Official" list and will add her to our final list in a few days, here on this thread. Fingers crossed for two or three more..... or more.

I first posted Aborning's birthday at the 17, but that was an error. I posted a correction that may have been missed. Her birthday was January 14. It is on last year's thread. If you haven't wished her a Happy Birthday, skip over to the other thread and send her a belated wish..

Old 01-17-2022, 05:28 PM

Drat! I missed the correction. Happy Belated Birthday Aborning! Good thing I mailed your candies well ahead of that date.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:32 PM

Yay Macybaby! I've been seeing your beautiful quilts on some of the other threads in the board. Glad you'll be in here to inspire us!
Old 01-18-2022, 09:11 AM

Thrilled to have you joining in again, Macybaby! Your quilts are always inspiring.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:31 AM

check out this gorgeous pixelated heart posted on the board: https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...t-t248362.html

Perfect for our candies!
Old 01-20-2022, 05:14 AM

The day has arrived! It is January 20 and our group is official. We number 17 this year. We have three months with no birthdays, starting with February! So, my swapping friends, we have a little extra time to cut and package squares for the mail.

Just a few reminders: Cut accurately and avoid salvages. Sure, cut from your stash and use good quality fabric. When prepping your squares for the mail, layer them as thin as possible to avoid extra postage. Birthday Cards are fun but not a requirement. Make it a habit to post a message here on the thread when you mail your package. The birthday gal can begin to watch for your package. It also helps me keep track of any missed mailings. Three cheers for last year's group for nearly perfect "on time" swapping Whoo-Hoo! On the 20th of the month, I will send out a PM with the next month's birthday recipient(s) with their name and address. That gives us time to pop our package in the mail and have it travel hither and yon to arrive on time for the birthday celebration.. Lastly, post a list here of packages that arrive.

2022 Birthday Swap Group
Ahwu
Crispy Frog
Gaiji
Gannyrosie
Happylab
Ibex94
IrishMom
JENNR8R
Kele
Logcabin82
Loveofquilts
macybaby
NZquilter
Patrick’s Mom
Sewbizgirl
Travelinggramma
WMUTeach

Post ideas, tips and cues for mailing. Love all of the chatter and ideas of how to use these "little darlings". So many ideas and so little time. . First contest/give away coming in February!
Old 01-21-2022, 06:49 AM

I was really on the fence about joining this year. Then I over cut 2.5" strips for the quilt I'm currently working on, and now have about 15 wof strips of different fabrics. I thought I'd need two of each for the scrappy quilt, and ended up only needing one of most of them.

Selecting the fabrics and cutting the squares is one of my favorite parts of the swap. I cut the strips and then lay them out in bundles of 5, then line them up and use my stripology ruler to cut several strip layers at a time. It goes pretty fast.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:50 PM

Thank you for the reminder about using the stripology ruler. I don't have one but I use so many scraps that it would not help with this cutting project. I also love planning and creating my little piles of fifty! Then my packages to mail out.

I made 20 sets, just in case one late person discovers us and wants to join. I can always use the 2.5's in one of my quilts. Tee-Hee-Hee. Keep warm and the drive shoveled!
Old 01-21-2022, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Here is a link to someone's pininterest page featuring nothing but ideas for 2.5" fabric candies.... https://www.pinterest.com/quiltnls/2...square-quilts/

Any newbies want to join in this swap?
this Pinterest page is by Nancy Smith. I believe she was in the first birthday swap about 9 or 10 years ago.