Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 PM

I made two blocks today
Attached Thumbnails bibliostone.jpg   mjp-encinitas.jpg  
Old 02-20-2022, 06:36 PM

Petthefabric, I love my blocks, they are fabulous. Thank you. All your other blocks are great!

MJP, So glad you got to quilt with your friend Kathy. The King quilt is a beast of a quilt to work with, but I know she is getting the best of help. A Quilt and friendship to treasure.

Bibliostone, your blocks are lovely

Libster, your blocks for Bibliostone and Marcialee are wonderful.

The best part of the BOOM is the show and tell

Old 02-21-2022, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good afternoon! Reminder to please shrink your photos to 200 kb or smaller whenever possible. Also, please allow me at least 48 hours after you post pix to let me know yours isn't in the gallery. Shrinking them entails more time and steps. I often don't do those first so they may not be added to the gallery in the order in which you post them. Thanks for your efforts in helping me out with the gallery. It's appreciated.
Janice, I keep trying to shrink my photos down, but my phone camera won't shrink below 400KB. Our laptop dies last year and we are saving for a new one. I'll keep playing with my phone cameras settings and maybe I'll find a way. I'm sorry if my photos have given you extra work!

Lstew, yes, the sharing the photos of the blocks is such a fun part of these swaps!
Old 02-21-2022, 05:45 AM

Lstew i love the block you made for me. It’s going to look great in the quilt for my daughter.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:50 AM

NZQ, it’s only a convenience thing for me, not critical. As long as you can post here, they’re good. With my phone, I email the pix to myself and it gives me the option of sending full size or smaller. I will pick the smallest version. I have no idea if it’s the same on all phones. I’m pretty tech un-savvy. Lol
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Janice, I keep trying to shrink my photos down, but my phone camera won't shrink below 400KB. Our laptop dies last year and we are saving for a new one. I'll keep playing with my phone cameras settings and maybe I'll find a way. I'm sorry if my photos have given you extra work!

Lstew, yes, the sharing the photos of the blocks is such a fun part of these swaps!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-21-2022 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:11 AM

Is there someone else who mentioned in the thread that they wanted the extra fabric returned? I've scrolled back through the comments but can't find it. I understand that, the last two booms I've had to ask in my directions,to have big pieces returned . I'm trying to make a king sized quilt out of a fat quarter bundle.

I had so much fun this morning sorting the fabrics to decide which ones to take on my trip. I can do parts of 13 blocks while traveling. Five EPP, five applique and three blocks I can at least cut the pieces out. I have four pieces of fabric I still don't know what to do with. Two are done. I guess those will wait until April. Some of them are doubles.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:36 AM

Well I tried to add this to my post but I was too late. My husband drew the kokopelli picture for Annaquilts applique. How great is it to make a block of a fertility deity!
Old 02-21-2022, 10:23 AM

Default F8 Remnants

Apparently a couple of you are requesting the remnants of your F8s be returned? MJPEncinitas is one. Is there anyone else? I'm not sure everyone has seen that so please post here again. It's been customary to keep remnants in the Booms but occasionally they are needed by the owner. Speak up now please. Thanks for your cooperation!
Old 02-21-2022, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Is there someone else who mentioned in the thread that they wanted the extra fabric returned?
Post #302... it was Bibliostone who asked for fabric back.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:09 PM

Thank you, SBG.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Post #302... it was Bibliostone who asked for fabric back.