Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful blocks, Terri and MJ! Colorful and fun!
Old 03-27-2022, 04:12 AM

Good morning, Begonias. It's bright, clear and windy, just above freezing. My white Lenten roses are hanging in. They're the only flowers I have right now that the deer cannot get to since they're inside the fence. DGD Charlie and her dad will be comiing over this afternoon and staying for dinner. It should be a fun day.

Terriamn and MJP, lovely blocks. Thanks for providing us with some eye candy.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 03-27-2022, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Two more blocks done here! One for Lstew and one Mjp. Hope you ladies like them!
NZquilter, thank you for my block. I love it

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here are two more. The cups are for Bibliostone. I did a lot of EPP in the car and was able to put this one together. There are several more of these to come. The second wonky log cabin is for petthefabric

I couldn't even imagine making blocks in the car. You are doing great.

i hope to get three more EPP blocks finished in Omaha. Then lm preparing all the applique blocks. Then on the 2000+ mile ride home ​​​​​ I’ll cut out the shapes so I can quickly put them together! At any rate it’s forcing me to be organized.
Love hearing about your travels.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
NZ, please show us the sailor dresses when you get them done! I love sewing children's clothes. I've made a bunch lately because all three grandkids have their birthdays this Spring. Ivy's is in one week from today... the last Spring birthday. These are some things I made for her. I plan to do another dress too, if I have time. Gotta get up to Memphis for her BD. (Sorry these aren't blocks, ladies.)
My mother made all our clothes growing up, I love them. You made some beautiful outfits.

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Aww, your grandson is adorable, Sewbizgirl! Boys and cake are like magic... The messier the better to them! He looks like he is doing so much better than my daughter did with her first birthday cake a couple of weeks ago! She got her hands full of icing and then was clueless as to why her hands were stuck together! She didn't even try a bite!

I admire your little cuffs and collar on the baby shirt too! I struggle with cuffs and collars and have never attempted anything so small!
Such a cute grandchild. Babies are so much fun. My daughter says she is not having children, I'm a little disappointed. I'm hoping she changes her mind.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Oops forgot to attach the pictures. Here they are
Beautiful blocks, MJP. I'm impressed with your talent.
Old 03-27-2022, 10:52 AM

I love my blocks Terriamn! I can’t wait to put this quilt together!
Old 03-27-2022, 11:13 AM

From one traveler to another: I get the 50% off coupon from Joanns and get this: https://www.joann.com/gutermann-26-s...d/9284811.html
It has so many great colors and in a container. And i have my black, white, ecru, brown and gray in larger spools.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:34 PM

TG is it a thin thread? I only use aurifil, my machine doesn’t seem to like thicker threads
Old 03-27-2022, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
TG is it a thin thread? I only use aurifil, my machine doesn’t seem to like thicker threads
really dont know thickness but Guterman is seem in Quilt stores.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Gutermann is a good quality thread. They make polyester and cotton. Their "Sew All Polyester" is a 40 wt. thread, good for machine or hand sewing. They also have an all cotton thread at 50 wt., which is a little finer. Lots of quilters like 50 wt. for quilting.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Here are my last blocks for Begonia. Two for MJP, 1 for NzQuilter and a bonus one for Annaquilts.
Thank you for my block! I love see how all the blocks are different yet all complement each other!
Old 03-28-2022, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
From one traveler to another: I get the 50% off coupon from Joanns and get this: https://www.joann.com/gutermann-26-s...d/9284811.html
It has so many great colors and in a container. And i have my black, white, ecru, brown and gray in larger spools.
thanks that’s a great idea. I’m not sure if we have room for it in the van but I’m going to try and squeeze it in.

That little singer machine I use in Omaha takes any thread as does my Janome. Gutter man is a bit linty, so you might need to clean your machine a little more often but it’s a fine thread.

what machine does everyone take with them when they travel?