2022 UFO challenge

Old 01-03-2023, 07:15 PM

Petthefabric, I picked up the Quilter's Project Planner that Bonnie Hunter has advertised. It has some areas that I probably won't used but there are many sections I will. One section is a project log, numbered 1 thru 12, where I just picked 6 project that I felt had a good chance of being worked on. Since I tend to be a visual learner the Project Wheel helpd me see where each project is by using colors to fill in the sections done, such as pieces cut, assemble, backing, baste, etc. There is also section pages for each project where you can write down information such as due date, pattern, source, designer, quilt label info., a task check list. Sorry, I know this must be clear as mud ..... but for me the visual aspect as well as putting things in writing helps me organize.
Attached Thumbnails 0b63a0cb-b00f-484b-978b-937831a51c40.jpeg   f6adb4dd-17ca-47b3-b56f-d954bebe5138.jpeg  

Last edited by Sync; 01-03-2023 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Petthefabric, I picked up the Quilter's Project Planner that Bonnie Hunter has advertised. It has some areas that I probably won't used but there are many sections I will. One section is a project log, numbered 1 thru 12, where I just picked 6 project that I felt had a good chance of being worked on. Since I tend to be a visual learner the Project Wheel helpd me see where each project is by using colors to fill in the sections done, such as pieces cut, assemble, backing, baste, etc. There is also section pages for each project where you can write down information such as due date, pattern, source, designer, quilt label info., a task check list. Sorry, I know this must be clear as mud ..... but for me the visual aspect as well as putting things in writing helps me organize.
Thanks. Looks like a help to self discipline.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:09 PM

As to the ants……
With a good distraction, I forgot about them for ~hour. Realized I was getting sleepy 🥱. Took a bath, soaking my hand. Big improvement. Maybe that set of drugs was the right thing for me. Thanks to whoever made that post. Never got blisters.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:14 PM

I have a quilt log/ planner that I downloaded from the internet several years ago. I'd forgotten about it until Synch mentioned the one she purchased. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it on the computer. If the website is still active I'll come back and post the URL here as well.

I'm waiting until the new thread is up before listing my UFOs and plans to conquer them. Two will take some time as they are Bonny Hunter mysteries that are half to three fourths done. But some of the other are simple finishing projects.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:17 PM

Well - that was easy. The quilt project worksheet is still up along with another individual quilt planner. http://www.pixelstopatchwork.com/201...ct-sheets.html
Old 01-08-2023, 01:03 PM

Evaluating UFO management; 👍 for last week. Staying on track for current projects. There were moments I wanted to wad it up and trash it, kept on track and can see a light appearing at the end. Continued quilting on chosen UFO, progress. Keeping up with Bonnie Hunter. Discipline! 👍👍👍👍👍for this week. No new UFO and making progress on 1.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM

I tried to post a new UFO thread for 2023. I’m not 100% sure it will fly. I received a message after I posted it, but didn’t read it fast enough. So I will give it a few days, if not I will try again. Thank-you for being patient.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:48 PM

Petthefabric. I know BHMQ is slow going for me too. But I get 1-2 days of 2-4 hours each week to sew on the mystery. I have parts 1-3 completely cut. Part 1 completely sewn. Tomorrow I will cut out part 4 & 5 and sew on part 2 & 3.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:12 PM

UFO 2023 Challenge Is up.

Thank you happylab!

Old 01-08-2023, 06:14 PM

Happylab, We will just hang in until the new thread opens up!

Petthefabric: Congratulations on the progress. I had mine all set but while cleaning out a basket of quilting odds and ends yesterday evening and found two more, oops, three more. Sigh...... my list growth! Tee-Hee-Hee

Happy "UFOing" everyone!