2022 UFO challenge

Old 12-30-2022, 02:41 PM

Photos attached?
Attached Thumbnails dsci0517.jpg   dsci0519.jpg   dsci0520.jpg  
Old 12-30-2022, 04:28 PM

Hello every one and good-bye to 2022. I have so enjoyed the process of pushing myself to finish one UFO a month. I almost made it and that is a win in my book. Like others, I will be pitching in during the VQW to press forward some projects so they don't become UFOs. No finishes expected, but goodness, I need something to do next year. Right?!

I did a clean up in my sewing room and have hung nine UFOs in my closet. Fingers crossed that I don't find any others. See you in 2023
Old 12-30-2022, 04:46 PM

Dedemac: Wonderful finishes! With the super cold weather last week, your door quilt would have definitely made your parlor warmer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress in 2023.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:09 PM

Connie, it actually closes off the parlor and keeps the rest of the house warmer. We keep the house at 70 but the room was a chilly 45. Just love a 70+ year old house.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:58 PM

Happy New Year everyone, well I am back in sweet Georgia and I had quite a stay there. But, I made a great deal of progress, I completed three things while there. I felt more in the sewing mood then I have since we lost my grandson in '21. I got the buttons sewed on my DGD's apron (that is too big). I got the borders (two) on the xmas top that has been finished to that point since '19. I got the quilt top complete from the pattern that I've been carrying around for three or four years. the two tops I left with my L/A Cousin and the apron I sent home to my DGD. I cut the future G/S-in law apron out. If there is a VQW this weekend, I can work cutting strips for the border of the orange quilt top and maybe get those attached. I didn't take all of the guys apron pattern with me to KS and I couldn't get all cut out (boomer). I was going to do a lot more but let a lot things stop me. There was a lot of intent in those plans but I believe I have made it out of that hole. Once again Happy New Year everyone

cherryb
Old 12-31-2022, 04:00 PM

Dedemac, if you’re finishing more than you did before, I count that as a win.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:24 PM

Dedemac: 🙂
I put some prequilted fabric along the bottom 3-4” of my lower level windows in my sewing area. That wind was certainly cold. My house is 1/2 the age of yours (36). Lol!

Happy 2023 to everyone!
Old 01-01-2023, 05:24 AM

I'm happy to say I was able to start and finish a quilt this past week using orphan blocks, leftover strips from past quilts and just a few scraps from the bins yesterday. Also, I finished and out the door 2 large queen size quilts plus put another one together from blocks I'd made and then put away Not many quilts for the year 2022 but my sewing mojo escaped me most of the year. Tomorror (Monday) I'll be putting together the already made blocks for another UFO project which again will be large queen sized. Trying to remove the 3 UFOs on my design wall so I can replace it with insulation boards and a new flannel cover.
Old 01-01-2023, 07:32 AM

Is there going to be a new thread for 2023? I so need to join your group. I joined the UFO thread a few years ago and I still have the same ones left to finish and more. I would really like to stay focused to finish at least some of them.

I did a huge clean out of my sewing room recently and passed on quite a few kits and finished tops that I no longer wanted to be bothered with. They served a purpose at the time. And, I learned from making many of them. But for me, my budget is not unlimited and I would like to finish the ones that will bring me joy. I also found that the excess was holding me hostage and I couldn't be creative anymore. I have not quilted actively in a long time. And, I truly miss it.

I also did a lot of thinking about what direction my quilting will take. And, I decided that quilting smaller is a better avenue for me and saving the one or two big projects as a yearly thing. (Although, for now, I am just making a list of bigger quilts I would like to make in the future.) Possibly giving longer thought to the project will give me clarity to make sure the want is not just a passing fancy. And I can stay focused to the completion of the project.

Now, all that being shared.....I am overwhelmed with my list of UFO's. I am going to pick just one today. It is my oldest, started in 2011. It just needs borders added. But, I am going to piece them. Working out the math will take me forever. That's only one of the reasons it stalled. lol, It is always a possibility that I can streamline the border if it doesn't work out. I truly want to finish this one. I loved every minute of participating in the sew along.

I have been away from the board for several years and have very much missed you all. I've enjoyed looking back and seeing all your finishes and have applauded your dedication to each project at hand.
Old 01-01-2023, 08:35 AM

Happy new year everyone!!!! I hope you all had a safe transition into the new year. My was safe and quiet. I read that whatever you do on NYD, will be what you will do throughout the end of the year. I plan to quilt, sew, watch football games, (Chiefs), and eat beans (for good luck). What are some of your good luck saying and routine to help it be a great year? Go ahead and list them here.

Yes, I plan to start up the 2023 UFO thread, hopefully by end of week. Please be watchful.. continue to chat on this thread on 2022 projects. Great progress everyone on end of year finishes. We can use the new 2023 projects on the new thread (coming soon).

and again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Now to scout for chicken fingers and watch football games.