Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-17-2023, 05:40 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Good morning all! Welcome to the February Virtual Quilting Weekend. Since this is a long weekend for some, this will go through Monday.

So what are you working on this weekend? I have a binding to attach and some small wall hangings that also need bindings. If I finish that, there is a wool block of the month to be prepped so I can actually start stitching it.

Next month, VQW will be March 17-19.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:15 AM

I’m in, I hope to put mystery quilt together. Help granddaughter with quilt she is making for her other grandma.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:20 AM

I am ready to sew the binding on one
quilt. Another is to be quilted and bound. I should be able
to get these done and find my next project
Old 02-17-2023, 07:15 AM

Thanks for hosting Heather! I opened a Jelly Roll for a project and it was so wonky that I had to change plans. Since I have 2 of them it will make a nice size snuggle quilt when done. I will spend today cutting the second jelly roll in between chores.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Attached Thumbnails e2d7abb3-8dfc-45e5-9541-395e373f48a2.jpeg  
Old 02-17-2023, 07:25 AM

Thanks for hosting! This is a long weekend for us. Monday is Family Day in many of the provinces. I have another scrappy community projects top almost finished. Then I really really need to finish my brother's oversized throw. I think I have finally figured out a way around my roadblock. And if I get those done, I have a quilt that I promised to enlarge for a friend. That one is going to test my patience and ingenuity!!

But before I do anything, I need to go to my LQS for a new bulb for my Janome. I called and they have one in stock, thank goodness. Who knew the thing would only last 10 or 12 years!!
Old 02-17-2023, 07:53 AM

Thanks for hosting Heather!
Tallchick- I like the way that's going, looking forward to seeing the rest.
I have gotten all the blocks of the next to last round of my current quilt stitched together to form the right side, left side, top and bottom. Now just need to stitch them to the main part of the quilt. But had to take them off design wall to make room to block an art quilt that is hanging a little wonky. If I can get that done today in between trying to hire a good real estate litigation lawyer, I'll be happy.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

PS- finally got pics taken of my quilts that are hanging in the gallery show that I mentioned during last VQW. I will try to get those posted sometime this weekend.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 02-17-2023 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:05 AM

Nice to see this thread this morning, thanks! I need to finish preparing a project or two for a retreat at the end of March, so that I can tick that off my list, and put all the containers away again.
Also have a March block to test for the guild so should do that and get it off the list.
Look forward to seeing and hearing about everyone’s projects.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:07 AM

Thanks for hosting the VQW again Raggiemom! This is going to be a cutting weekend for me. My BFF is coming up today and we're going to cutout a crib quilt for her. The quilt is basically all squares and I have an Accuquilt so it should go faster than her cutting it out plus she had back surgery three months ago and isn't a 100%. My next project is a large Dogs in Sweaters and want to get it all cutout this weekend. Sunday I'm making dinner for DGS & family and taking it to them. They had a our new GGD.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:33 AM

YEAH! I’m in.
First, put together my traveling machine case. Last week, I forgot the cord. This week it was tools.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:06 AM

I'm in, I've been repurposing some blocks this morning that I made last year. Wasn't happy with the way the project was going so instead of a small lap quilt it most likely will end up as two table runners. Which I need and like the colors in them,. I will also be working on the two quilts from church last week and the two that I know are waiting for me at church now. If I finish with those projects I have 2 wips hanging around to work on.